Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cron job help

Options
  • 24-07-2009 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

hey guys,
    for digiweb or similar, with cron job interface, how do i specify a job
    /hsphere/local/home/***/curl -source http://www.site.ie/cron/mailqu.php

???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Login to CP

FTP User > Crontab

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sorry i mean to say whats the command i use in there

/hsphere/local/home/user/domain.ie/cron/mailqu.php

should work but it doesnt....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What kind of error do you get?

I don't have any current crons setup, but I did have to play with the command to get it to work.

no errors at all, initially was getting dir not found when i was using command quoted in my first post

actually got errors, couldnt understand php, so i specified php path , now it reports back that the DIRECTORY exists,

im using it to send mails.

do i need to specifiy sendmail path? not sure where that is even

• Advertisement

its aways the simplest things that take the longest ! wasted over 3-4 hours on this, got it working,

posting it on my blog for reference
    http://ilovenicii.com/?p=78

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sorry, had I seen this thread earlier, I could have helped you out.

They do actually have PHP CLI installed, but the php.ini file is not editable and so you are just better off going through apache and lynx.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is there any decent beginners guide to cron jobs out there?

I'm looking to back-up my databases and delete redundant data on a regular basis but I'm not too sure how to go about it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Cron is a simple enough tool. What you need to do is figure out how to delete the redundant data from the commandline first. :)

Advertisement