Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop Icon Position

Options
  • 24-07-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭

I'm using XP Pro & everytime I restart my machine some of my Desktop Icons have changed placement position. Only a few of them get moved around a bit & it's annoying the hell out of me :D

I did find this recommendation but it didn't help any....
    Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT. Go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Look for a value called NoSaveSettings in the right pane. If it exists, its value is probably 1. Double click NoSaveSettings and set the value to 0.
    If it doesn't exist, right click in the right pane and select New, DWord value and name it NoSaveSettings. The default value for this will be 0.
    Log off/log on, or reboot if necessary.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

Advertisement