Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipod not recognised by laptop

Options
  • 24-07-2009 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭

My 30GB ipod classic is not showing up on itunes when i hook it up. When it is hooked up the ipod displays that it is charging (so the cable is fine) but i cannot transfer any music from itunes.

I have tried doing the 'ipod reset' on the device itself but this hasn't worked.

It wont hook up to other P.C s either, so there is no problem with my itunes or laptop.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭horse7

itunes does not recognise the ipod.the ipod will reset to the apple logo,when i go to disk mode ,the ipod screen reads /ok to disconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Try putting the cable in a different USB port. I have an similar issue with my Iphone in that it won't sync but will charge on one particular USB port whereas on another one it is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭horse7

still no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Have you tried another cable? - just because it charges doesn't mean that the USB functionality is ok. There are multiple wires in the cable, and a break in any of them will cause the non-recognition issue.

Advertisement