Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condell Rd closed

Options
  • 24-07-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭

From the AA

Updated: 24/07/2009 13:42:06
    *LIMERICK CITY* The Condell Rd (N18 Limerick/Ennis Rd) is closed until at least 6pm following a serous collision. There are major delays of nearly an hour on most surrounding routes, the worst is from Mungret inbound on the N69 Dock road and turning right toward the Condell road. So those headed to Shannon Airport should leave considerable extra time. Traffic lights have been switched onto amber on most cit routes. Note: The Dublin road and east of the city centre are not really affected. --DIVERSIONS-- • Traffic from Cork, Kerry and west Limerick travelling in on the Dock Rd will be diverted to the Ennis Rd via Henry St and Sarsfield Bridge. • Traffic from Shannon, Ennis, Galway on route to Cork, Kerry and west Limerick will be diverted away from the Condell road at the Coonagh R/A along the Ennis Rd to Sarsfield Bridge. • There are also long delays reported at Hassetts Cross and Shelbourne road.

......Hopefully the accident hasn't resulted in another road death. The traffic was crazy on the dock road earlier not sure how things are out that way now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 swim

FOUR people have been seriously injured following a road crash on the outskirts of Limerick city.[/B] An articulated truck and a car collided on the Condell Road shortly before 10am.

It is understood the car was travelling in the direction of Shannon when the truck, which was travelling towards the city, veered across the road.

A man in his forties was critically injured along with a teenage boy and two young children.

A spokesman for the Limerick fire service said they had to use "all available equipment" to cut the four people from the car.

The road has been closed and traffic on the main Limerick to Shannon road has been severely affected.

Gardai at Mayorstone are investigating the circumstances of the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I heard about this and this must be a frightening experience to have an out of control truck barrel down the road towards you.

The road will not be closed long. Does anybody remember when the road collapsed?

I was on the road at the time and there was chaos with all the traffic heading up past Ard Scoil Ris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

There's a 50kph speed limit on this road whih I have often considered crazy. Maybe it's wise with so much traffic now so close to each other because of Bus lane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Got caught in the traffic coming in from Sixmilebridge.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Let me start by wishing all imvolved a safety recovery and I hope no1 was seriously injured

There's a 50kph speed limit on this road whih I have often considered crazy. Maybe it's wise with so much traffic now so close to each other because of Bus lane.

Totally agree with you, this stretch of road is seriously too narrow for all lanes in my opinion and the bus lane should be scraped, there is absolutely no need for it, on using the road every single day on numerous occasions since its completion I have only ever seen one bus using it and running besides it was a truck....there was also a truck coming out from town at the same time and I slowed and stayed well back to see the visbile distance between all three vehicles...

I wasnt 2 impressed and with driver fatigue and errors it was only a matter of time before an accident occoured on this ludicrous road, turn the bus lane into a second lane for traffic, easing traffic congestion and it will mean safety...if there is less traffic congestion then the buses will flow easier into town a win win for everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement