Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macadamia Nuts

Options
  • 24-07-2009 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anywhere to get macadamias in Limerick?
    I have been hunting for ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Harlan Pepper:

I used to be able to name every nut that there was. And it used to drive my mother crazy, because she used to say, "Harlan Pepper, if you don't stop naming nuts," and the joke was that we lived in Pine Nut, and I think that's what put it in my mind at that point. So she would hear me in the other room, and she'd just start yelling. I'd say, "Peanut. Hazelnut. Cashew nut. Macadamia nut." That was the one that would send her into going crazy. She'd say, "Would you stop naming nuts!" And Hubert used to be able to make the sound, he couldn't talk, but he'd go "rrrawr rrawr" and that sounded like Macadamia nut. Pine nut, which is a nut, but it's also the name of a town. Pistachio nut. Red pistachio nut. Natural, all natural white pistachio nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

*backs away slowly*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Raiser wrote: »
    Harlan Pepper:

I used to be able to name every nut that there was. And it used to drive my mother crazy, because she used to say, "Harlan Pepper, if you don't stop naming nuts," and the joke was that we lived in Pine Nut, and I think that's what put it in my mind at that point. So she would hear me in the other room, and she'd just start yelling. I'd say, "Peanut. Hazelnut. Cashew nut. Macadamia nut." That was the one that would send her into going crazy. She'd say, "Would you stop naming nuts!" And Hubert used to be able to make the sound, he couldn't talk, but he'd go "rrrawr rrawr" and that sounded like Macadamia nut. Pine nut, which is a nut, but it's also the name of a town. Pistachio nut. Red pistachio nut. Natural, all natural white pistachio nut.

So can you answer the OPs question or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,156 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

At a guess I would say try a Health Food store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

So can you answer the OPs question or not?

Sorry - forgot this corner of Boards was under Marshall law via the Solemnity Sect Billy......

Tesco should be able to sort you out Jumpy - but before the die is cast you should also print this out and blu-tack it to you wall for added inspiration.

http://www.tesco.ie/healthandwellbeing/wholefoods.pdf

The product packaging will be something similar to the below illustration.

021579.jpg

Please ring ahead using the correct number below to avoid any chance of disappointment - should you feel that you are being disadvantaged or discriminated against in any way please feel free to undertake in a concentrated, thorough and dogged grievance procedure via the customer complaints section below.

Please feel free to contact us using the details listed below:

* Tesco.ie Online Grocery Shopping
    Telephone 00 800 00 225533, Monday - Friday 9am - 11pm, Saturday 9am - 8pm and on Sundays 10am - 6pm or email online@tesco.ie.

* Please see our online guide for help with registration.

* Tesco Head Office
    Telephone 01 2808441, Monday - Friday 7am - 18pm and on Saturdays 8am - 13.45pm

* Clubcard
    Telephone 00 800 00 591688, Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm

* Babyclub
    Telephone 00 800 00 591688, Monday - Friday 9am - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm

* Tesco Ireland Stores
    Telephone 1850 744 844 or email customer.services@tesco.ie.

* Tesco Personal Finance
    Telephone 1800 555 743 or email visa.comments@tesco.ie

How and where to complain to:
    By phone
    Tesco Visa Card - 1800 555 743
    Tesco Life Insurance - 1850 924 921
    Tesco Loan - 1850 520 520
    Tesco Car Insurance - 1850 640 640

The Financial Ombudsman Service
    Financial Services Ombudsman's Bureau
    3rd Floor
    Lincoln House
    Lincoln Place
    Dublin 2

Lo Call: 1890 88 20 90
    Tel: 01 6620899
    Fax: 01 6620890
    Email: enquiries@financialombudsman.ie
    Web: www.financialombudsman.ie (new window)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Holland and barretts in arthurs quay maybe?

Also there is eats of eden accross from fox's bow up from xtra vision on thomas st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

And to further sweeten your weekend, check out Tesco for the half price (around Euro 3 something instead of the usual horrific 6 something) Ben and Jerry's Chocolate with Macademia nut icecream!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Teadrinker wrote: »
    And to further sweeten your weekend, check out Tesco for the half price (around Euro 3 something instead of the usual horrific 6 something) Ben and Jerry's Chocolate with Macademia nut icecream!

You are a legend. Haven't tried it yet.
    *grabs coat and runs to nearest tescos for a fun friday night*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Teadrinker wrote: »

Heh, I am getting the macadamias to be healthy, not to add a bucketload of sugar as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Jumpy wrote: »
    Heh, I am getting the macadamias to be healthy, not to add a bucketload of sugar as well :)

Sugar? What sugar? It's ice and cream, no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement