Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could go back would you?

Options
  • 24-07-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about this after looking at the thread about things you miss from childhood.

If you could go back to being a child and start all over again from the age of 5 but retain everything you now know about the world. Would you do it?

On the plus side you would be able to do all the things you miss from childhood but have the added advantage of your current experience and knowledge. You could also take advantage of all the opportunities that passed you by and do the things you wished you had.

On the negative side you would be an adult trapped in the body of a child and having to be treated as a child with only other 5 year olds to talk too and have as friends at first and then the years of puberty etc.

Would you do it?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Absolutely not!

Being little was okay and everything, but I'm happy with the way things are now. I wouldn't want to change a thing (except maybe the fact that I'm on boards at half one today).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wild horses wouldn't stop me, this time i'd be a teacher...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I don't know if I could endure school again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

No I would not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No, I'm happy with the way things are. Anyway, I'm still really only a larger version of my childhood ways aka big child. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No, I'd be too small to knock people's teeth out.
    I'd have to go back to using my old trusty baseball bat again. It was very tiring on the arms you know, all that swinging!

I don't know if I could endure school again.

Me neither. Aspies and school don't mix well, believe me. However, personality wise I've changed very little since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

it would be fun though, to have the adult understanding.

You could so mess with your teachers, kids, families heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

TBH, if you went back to being 5 and knew everything about the world you do now, there'd be nothing special about being 5.

If I could go back, I'd obviously make changed like everyone. But then again, would they make you who you are now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Tough call....if I went back, I'd definitley do better, score hotter girls (don't worry, I'd wait till they were 18 :eek:), I'd know what I wanted to do career wise, I wouldn't have stressed over sh*t as much and even though I had great fun, I'd have a lot more fun if I went back now....

As for the cons, I'd have to give up smoking which would be tough and also, I'd miss the odd beer and night out. It would be extremely tough to get laid for the next 10 years and I'd have to rely on my parents for everything...

I don't know man, would it be worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I could imagine myself back as a 5 year old, fag in one hand, other hand down my pants playing with.....nothing much, sitting infront of the TV wondering why we only have RTE and BBC.
    Dont think i could go through all that again, but if i did I'd be a billionaire by 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Could we take our current skills back with us?

Captain of the U-8 football team for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Ball_of_Sex

I've often taught of this. I'd go back to being 16 again, the Craic was serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I don't think I could wait for puberty to hit to have sex, I'd be gagging for it at 5 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

The best part of being a kid was the innocence and being naive. Exploring and imagining anything is possible.

If you went back and knew what you did now it'd wouldn't be half the fun it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

When I'm eighty five, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

No way! If you had the intellect of an adult as a 5 year old you'd be put in the Advanced a.ka. ultra nerd class, you'd never have any mates cos they'd just think you're weird for drinking tea and reading the Times at break. Although kiss-chasing in the yard really would remind ya of a sat nite in Coppers sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Defiantly would... I'd start making music as soon as I got back.

Last 16 years worth of number 1 hits would be mine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭LittleKitty

no way, i work with kids aged 10+, things are pretty crap for young people these days, and its a recession, i'd hate it.
    it would be good maybe, if i know all i know now, but i hated being young.

id like to go back to being 18 tho, especialy when i know so much more about men and could drink a lot more then i can now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Pretend to your parents that you have dreams that predict the stock market, and get them to start buying and selling stocks. After a while youll have enough money to do whatever you want with an entire lifetime.

• Advertisement

Technically I still enjoy most of the shows and things I used to do when I was a kid so going back would be redundent. The only advantage would be that people wouldn't look at me odd when I run around with my arms out stretched pretending to be a plane.

Advertisement