Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAFLET DISTRIBUTION HELP!

Options
  • 23-07-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

I have 2 questions here that I am hoping someone with more experience of direct mail can help me answer:

1. do you know a good distribution company for dublin & north wicklow areas?
    2. what is a good price per 1000, accepting that 5000 is the min order?

I've been getting huge differences in quotes & am finding it hard to differentiate between companies, so any word-of-mouth help would be very appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

i think 40 euro per 1000 would be a good rate , i was charged 60 euro per 1000 fliers . the lads already delivering the fliers will do for maybe 30 euro , but like the companies themselves how are you supposed to know they will get delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

You will get different prices. Depends of the cost structure behind that price - if you get the drift (VAT/PRSI/Libality insurance...).

That price structure will determine if someone is in the business for the long or short haul - and your reputation rides on that into the bargain.

Get references (real ones) - then a price, trust me!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Mosey101

The comapnies that i have found to be really good are:

Publicity Mailing - they are very good and have given me a report after the delivery breaking down all the areas and the date they were delivered on.

The Leaflet Company are also very good. My client has used them but i haven't.

They're prices would be some of the best around but there's always room to haggle. You shouldn't be paying more than €60 per thousand for suburban areas i don't think. Rural areas might be a bit more pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SJPRogue

Thanks to all who answered here.

I had been looking at An Post and couldn't get over the cost of distribution. They do have a good breakdown on the area being delivered to though.

I will try the companies listed here.

Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Would you be interested in a Maverick operator who not only would deliver your product but at the same time delivers his own product... thereby you would be guaranteed market coverage.

• Advertisement

shindig-jp wrote: »
    Would you be interested in a Maverick operator who not only would deliver your product but at the same time delivers his own product... thereby you would be guaranteed market coverage.

Possibly... Maverick can always be good. Would have to know more. PM me if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jamesy08

Hi,have a look at An Post website,they do leaflet drops all over ireland,you can pin point your areas

jamesy08 wrote: »
    Hi,have a look at An Post website,they do leaflet drops all over ireland,you can pin point your areas

I'd had a good look at an Post, but their prices are about €90-136 per thousand drops. They have an excellent breakdown on the mailing areas but I'm in a start-up situation with this biz & cant justify the cost given that I have no real idea yet what the returns will be at the mo. When other companies offer the service at €50-60 I have to check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

An post do it. www.anpost.ie however I don't know anything about the prices, cheaper or dearer.

Advertisement