Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRCN1 form HELP!! :|

Options
  • 23-07-2009 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Some of you may have read my recent thread about shutting down my sole trader freelance writing business.

I got the TRCN1 form (available to see here www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/forms/trcn1.pdf )

I have two questions.

One . In the top leaft hand corner, it asks for a Reference No.
    What is this reference number??

Two - The final section of the form is called "Information Provided By"

Should I just say myself??

It looks like its something for an accountant or something because it asks what the relationship is to the customer??

You should probobly look at the form - it's only one page ;)

Thanks!

Dean. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Dean,

The reference number is your PPS number (Tax number).

In the information provided by section, just put your own name, and you can either leave the relationship part blank or write 'self'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Dean,

The reference number is your PPS number (Tax number).

In the information provided by section, just put your own name, and you can either leave the relationship part blank or write 'self'.

Dan...you truely are the man THANKS!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

Hello,

Anyone know what you put in the reference no. box on this form if you are closing a partnership?
    Is it the CRO number?

Name of customer... is that the business name or the partner first named?

Also, is the following all that is needed to close a partnership?
    TRCN1 - Tax registration cancellation notification.
    RBN3 - Cessation of Business

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Partnership should have its own unique tax number (reference no)

Name of custome would be the name of the partnership

• Registered Users Posts: 33 maniootek

1. Assets and Equipment
    State how disposed of
    If on hand give details and state current value

2. Business Premises
    State if owned or rented & give details of current position

Can someone exaplin me what both field means in easy words?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Gizmio

Hello and thanks for the very helpful information above.

My employment of 17 years will be terminated at the end of this year, and I'm looking to emigrate south, taking my own car with me.

One of the forms I need to fill in is a de-registration as taxpayer (I'm PAYE), and submit with the import documentation of my car.

1.) Is the TRCN1 form the form I need to fill in?

2.) If this is filled in and handed to the revenue office, how does it affect my social welfare payments, like pension and unemployment when I want to return in the distant future?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 lostsoul01

Hi Guys
    On this form where it says Tax Type ( include registration number to be cancelled ) and gives the following boxes

VAT
    Employer
    PAYE/PRSI
    RCT
    Income Tax
    Corporation Tax
    Other

I was getting rental income up until April 2015 and am employed so just a PAYE type. Which of above am I ceasing?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

lostsoul01 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    On this form where it says Tax Type ( include registration number to be cancelled ) and gives the following boxes

VAT
    Employer
    PAYE/PRSI
    RCT
    Income Tax
    Corporation Tax
    Other

I was getting rental income up until April 2015 and am employed so just a PAYE type. Which of above am I ceasing?

Thanks

Income tax

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mecum

Hi there, I need advice please.
    I have opened a little online shop in February 2017 and I don't have income exceeding Eur 5k. I was told to cease income tax now to be able to fill in form 12 rather than doing a full tax return on ROS (for 2017).
    Can you please let me know which date I should put in as Date of Cessation?
    Is it the day I registered the business? Or now?
    Thanks a lot for your help!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

mecum wrote: »
    Hi there, I need advice please.
    I have opened a little online shop in February 2017 and I don't have income exceeding Eur 5k. I was told to cease income tax now to be able to fill in form 12 rather than doing a full tax return on ROS (for 2017).
    Can you please let me know which date I should put in as Date of Cessation?
    Is it the day I registered the business? Or now?
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Date of cessation will be 31/12/2017 if you have not actually ceased trading, only ceasing your registration for income tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 mecum

Thanks @wiggle, just to double check. If I enter 31.12.2017 that will mean that I do not have to enter the tax return form on ROS for 2017? But will be able to fill in form 12 on myAccount?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

It depends.

If you registered for self-assessment in error then you would put the day after your start date/registration date, ie:
    If you registered for self-assessment on 08/02/2017, then put 09/02/2017 as the cessation date.

I would include a cover note saying that you should never have been registered for self-assessment and can the Form 11 be marked "not required" as you intend to return the income via the Form 12. Once that's done you should be able to do a Form 12 and get a P21.

The date you put on it doesn't really matter in your case because you are not going to be filing a Form 11 anyway, so I would default to the day after registration or 31/12/2017, but do be sure to include the cover note as they will not assume that you are not going to be filing a Form 11 and you will be unable to file a Form 12 until the requirement to file a Form 11 has been switched off.

Advertisement