Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

writing on my contact lens

Options
  • 23-07-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

hi so i'm new to contact lenses.
    Forgive a probably stupid question:
    Just opened a new pack this morning and the first one i opened i noticed has a little 'ok' written on it and some dashes which look like they are for alignment. My prveious ones never had this. Is this a test one for the optician or something. am i supposed to wear this one ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

hi so i'm new to contact lenses.
    Forgive a probably stupid question:
    Just opened a new pack this morning and the first one i opened i noticed has a little 'ok' written on it and some dashes which look like they are for alignment. My prveious ones never had this. Is this a test one for the optician or something. am i supposed to wear this one ??

Mine have a "123" mark on it which quite difficult to see unless you align the contact against the light. It's supposed to make it easier for someone to tell if the lens is inside out or not before inserting it and then finding out! The outside of the lenses box will normally have an indication - I think mine has an icon showing the 123 letters.

See: here for the Acuvue mark (123). The "OK" mark is used by CIBA vision. Thus I assume those are Specsavers contact lenses...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

The lenses you are wearing are Ciba Daily Torics. They have only recently started putting on those markings on the lenses. As the previous poster said the "OK" is for you (and the optician) to see that the lens is not on inside out. The lines are orientation marks that allow the optician to see if the toric lens is sitting in the correct position.

Advertisement