Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would i be accepted as a mature student?

Options
  • 23-07-2009 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I turn 23 on March 3rd next year,I was determined and excited about enrolling in UCC as a mature student,but I've hit bit of a brick wall..

"Generally,you are considered to be a mature student if you are at least 23 years of age on January 1 of the year you enter your course. If you are interested in a particular college you should check how it defines a mature student."

I'm out by a measly 2 months!! And i cant use the Fetac option,they require levels 5 or 6,I only have a level 3. Does UCC give any leeway or are they very strict when it comes to this rule?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Your best bet is to contact the admissions office at the university.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Nelly2

Ya, Admissions might be able to help you, or the Mature Student Office, but I'm afraid you are right about the age and date of birth. Which means you've a bit of a wait before you can apply on mature grounds.
    (I still think you should contact them though, just incase there is a loophole somewhere)
    You could always use this year to do a Fetac Level 5 course that is related to your desired degree. (Check out Fetac Links Courses that are relevant for Admission to Arts) This will help get you back into the swing of being in education again and writing essays/assignments and meeting deadlines etc. Then apply using Fetac route.
    I know it must be very frustrating for you, knowing what you want to do and being prevented by a few months age difference.
    Don't give up, good things come to those who wait! Hope it works out for you!

Advertisement