Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galileoscope

Options
  • 23-07-2009 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hey, I'm completely new to astronomy. To be honest don't think I'll ever be too into it, but I do like to be able name a couple of constellations and know a bit about the phase of the moon and that.

Anyway came across the following link on a blog somewhere
    https://www.galileoscope.org/gs/

Its for a teliscope, which they are advertising a having good features for a cheap price in order to encourage interest in astronomy as part of IYA2009.

Seem as though I have no telescope I decided to go ahead and buy one $30 shipped so its about 23 euro, so no major problem if its not great or I find myself not too interested.

Anyway to the point of my post, firstly just thought I might bring it to your attention, as I had a quick search and didn't see it anywhere else and thought some might be interested, even if just as a gift for teenager.

Also just wondering has anyone used one and what there thoughts ar eon it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Looks nice, most of the main manufacturers have put out special IYA 09 scopes; Celeston and skywatcher

<edit> kit form? couldn't resist :)

Advertisement