Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV on the website

Options
  • 23-07-2009 9:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey all,

I'm working with designers on a new website for the company I work for which is nearly ready to go. We were discussing things in the office this week and came up with an idea to show video footage online of some of the events we organise which are all held onsite on our complex. I'm going to speak to the web designers about it this week, and we can work on implementing it at a later stage.

Can anyone advise as to what equipment would be best? i.e. what camera for filming, programme for editing footage, and how to upload it to the correct format for showing on the web. We don't expect it to be tv studio quality, but we would like to be able to show some footage of our events and interview some clients to show online. I will be director and editor! (have some experience in this from a tv production course i did a two years ago).

I'd really appreciate any advice on this. Obviously budget is an issue but they've given me the green light to go ahead and purchase whatever we need to get it done.

Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Spend however much you can afford on the camera. Also, if you're going to be doing fixed interviews, then consider getting some lighting equipment as lighting is one of the biggest factors involved in good video quality. Also, make sure to get a decent microphone, consider looking into radio mics too as there's nothing more annoying than an echoey room or wind hitting the microphone.

As for editing, iMovie is really good for beginners, but if you're going to be doing it regularly, then Adobe Premiere is a good tool. Adobe Premiere Elements is a cheaper piece of software but could be a good way to start too.

Regarding the general look & design of anything. It'd be good to work with your web team to have some kind of style guide. E.g. using the same font as the web site, for brand consistancy accross all media. Also, maybe they could design a 'title screen' or 'end screen' that could be placed at the end of all the videos. That would give a nice coherance to the whole thing.

Good luck - sounds like a fun project!

Advertisement