Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppies are THREE WEEKS OLD and "ready for loving home"??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Irresponsible people who buy them are as bad.

And then when you point out "eh... what? the pup is only 5 weeks old?!? Thats not old enough to be removed from the litter" to be faced with "well my vet said it's fine" it really makes you wonder about the callibre of some vets in this country.

EDIT: I've contacted donedeal about the ad. We will see if they bother to reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

why dont ye contact the seller? Maybe she doesnt know what they are doing wrong and they might be happy to keep them the extra month once they are aware of difficulties. they appear to be unplanned and unwanted so maybe she doesnt know about puppy rearing.

Your dog gets pregnant accidently, you have no idea about dog rearing, do you

A) get on the net and try to sell puppies

B) get on the net and research what is best for the puppies

We all know what responsible people would do. Ignorance is not an excuse when the person who put up the ad obviously is tech savvy enough to sign up to donedeal and upload a pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Please report this ad, i have done so and if enough people do it it will hopefully be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Was removed anyway

• Advertisement

I reported it earlier. But when you click on it, it says it was removed by the person who placed it, not by donedeal. :confused:

At least it's gone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Donedeal is a haven for puppy farmers, fair enough im sure there are good people on it aswell but surely if you have a good enough reputation that should sometime (not always) be enough to sell pups

People lookng for pups should be very careful buying from people selling on donedeal

PBNR = pure bred non registered ... i find this fascinating ...fair enough, some people want a pure bred pup but would not be too worried about getting the papers. But breeders are only allowed to breed a bitch a certain number of times and then register the pups, i think it is about 7 litters you are allowed to have and then register the ups (not sure if this differs for different breeds)

If the breeder continues to breed the bitch after the recommended amount from the IKC they are not penalised, just simply not able to register the pups with IKC

This should be pointed out on donedeal as well, PBNR are usually cheaper ...... there is usually a reason for this!!! :mad:

In relation to the person sellign pups @ 3/5 weeks, as far as i am concerned, being 'caught out' and not being aware of the whole way the situation should be handles is no excuse :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭messygirl

really good information there baby strawberry. will definately be thinking twice before going to any breeder selling unreg purebreds. i always figured it was just because people didnt care if it was registered so the breeders just wanted to give them the option of sparing th expense.

i hope done deal pointed out why it was removed and hopefully she will find good homes when the pups are 8 weeks +

Advertisement