Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrubs Finale

Options
  • 23-07-2009 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Was that the last ever episode of scrubs on Net. 2,
    Whata show, entertained me through my adolescent years.
    Sorry if there is another thread couldnt find one. .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I hear there will be another season

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

It's the end of Scrubs as we know it, for me it feels like the end of an era. I've been watching Scrubs since I was in school and it was a form of escapism while I was doing my L.C. I rate it as probably the best show I've ever watched, for the simple fact that the themes affected me and it made me laugh and put me in very good moods. I don't think I'll watch the next season, I liked the way it went out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It was a good end to a brilliant show. The biggest shock for me in the finale was that
    JD actually did put the penny in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

This show really started to p!ss me off after a while.
    Ill be glad to see that back of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's not over, they're will be new season without JD and Elliot.

• Advertisement

creggy wrote: »
    It's not over, they're will be new season without JD and Elliot.

What the hell is the show without JD and Elliot? The Janitor will be gone and so will Dr. Kelso, it's going to be a show about all the crappy interns, it'll be just like a spin-off. They're only continuing it to keep people in work.

Only thing I won't miss is Dr. Cox, thought he got completely ridiculous after the first 2 or 3 seasons. His rambling and stupid voice tones got annoying fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm sure pretty sure everyone is coming back for it except for the JD and Elliot
    From wiki
    On May 14, 2009, it was announced that Zach Braff has signed to be on Scrubs for six episodes to transition the show to its new format. Sarah Chalke confirmed her involvement in season 9 on June 8, 2009 on FOX News Channel's Fox & Friends talk show.[44] On May 23, 2009 Zach Braff confirmed to Scrubs fans on MySpace his involvement with season 9, but stated that he knew very little about the shape the show will take.[45] Also, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley and Neil Flynn are signed to be regulars for the next season, in second position to other projects.[46] Judy Reyes, according to reports has not yet been officially approached, however it is expected, if she was to return she would reprise her role, merely as a guest star.[47]

On June 19, 2009, it was announced that the reformatted ninth season of Scrubs would "shift from the hospital to the classroom and make med-school professors of John C. McGinley’s Dr. Cox and Donald Faison’s Turk." According to Lawrence, the ninth season will "be a lot like Paper Chase as a comedy," with Cox's and Turk's students occasionally rotating through the halls of Sacred Heart and encountering former series regulars. McGinley and Faison will be joined by "a quartet of newbies (most of them playing students)" as full-time regulars, while one of the freshmen "will be fairly famous." [48]

On July 14, 2009, it was confirmed that Eliza Coupe would become a series regular with her intern character Denise (Jo) who was introduced in season eight. The article also indicated that the series would undergo a time jump (likely two/three years after season eight) as Denise is expected to return to the show as the chief resident in season nine.[49]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Dave147 wrote: »
    it's going to be a show about all the crappy interns, it'll be just like a spin-off.

It won't be about the interns at all it seems - as per Creggy's post, it'll mostly focus around Dr. Cox and Turk at a medical school instead of Sacred Heart. I have to agree though, it's now going to be a spin off essentially, not the same show we've known for all these years...
    creggy wrote: »
    I'm sure pretty sure everyone is coming back for it except for the JD and Elliot
    From wiki
    Donald Faison, John C. McGinley and Neil Flynn are signed to be regulars for the next season, in second position to other projects.

Donald Faison and John C. McGinley did not get their other projects greenlit so they will be regulars. Neill Flynn however (the Janitor) is starring in a new sitcom, "The Middle", that did get picked up so for now at least, it seems he will not be involved at all or in a very limited capacity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Loved the ending of this show, i think the main characters are only signed for like six episodes but it wont be the same without them:(

J-blk wrote: »
    It won't be about the interns at all it seems - as per Creggy's post, it'll mostly focus around Dr. Cox and Turk at a medical school instead of Sacred Heart. I have to agree though, it's now going to be a spin off essentially, not the same show we've known for all these years...

Donald Faison and John C. McGinley did not get their other projects greenlit so they will be regulars. Neill Flynn however (the Janitor) is starring in a new sitcom, "The Middle", that did get picked up so for now at least, it seems he will not be involved at all or in a very limited capacity...

It will see the interns taking over starring roles, John C. McGinley signing up doesn't appeal to me, I dislike his character completely, Turk was great but he's nothing without JD tbh, Elliot and the Janitor are huge parts of the show and they'll be missed. But.. We had a great run and some great laughs so for that thanks Scrubs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

First three seasons were ok then it became a tedious shadow of its forrmer self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

It really went on way too long but I could watch episodes from those first 3 seasons again and again and again:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Jd as far as i know will be there for first six episodes on new series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think they should leave Scrubs to die gracefully, this new spinoff will more than likely fail like the Friends spinoff "Joey".
    JD appearing in the first few episodes will ruin the finale in a way.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

ya i think a good episode of scrubs rivals any other show imo. For example the episodes with brendan frazier in particular his final one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Didn't think Carla had signed up for new series but I must be wrong, it was running out of steam as it was, think it will be flogging a dead horse with any future seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Didn't think Carla had signed up for new series but I must be wrong, it was running out of steam as it was, think it will be flogging a dead horse with any future seasons.
    funny thing is they were nearly going to cancel it early on (second or third series i think) before it got the emmy nomination. But this time though i think they will be doing well to get another series out of it.

Advertisement