Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2010 or City Navigator Europe NT 2009 update?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

I have a Garmin Nuvi 200W. I would like to know whether I should go for Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2010 or City Navigator Europe NT 2009 update?

I would like to get some advice and would like to buy this only if there are good number of coverage updates for Ireland, esp Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You might get a better answer in the GPS forum.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bazz26 wrote: »
    You might get a better answer in the GPS forum.

Indeed.
    Moved from motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

If you can get 2009 cheaper then go for it. I've had both and there is very little difference in terms of coverage.

Would be worth upgrading in a year's time when the M50 and associated works are finished.

Then you can keep that version for 10 years as there will be f-all builing happening;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭podge3

I have City Navigator Europe NT 2010 and none of the new motorways are on it :(.

Tomtom had these roads 2 updates ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TestLink

Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

Hm, I've upgraded to CN 2010 and it looks like the irish maps finally got an update. My benchmark so far was to look for my friend's estate, built 5-6 years ago.

It's been missing on every Tomtom and Garmin map I've tried so far, but it finally shows up on CN 2010! (missing from 2009)

A week ago, in France, I was still using CN2009 and the map coverage there is pretty damn good, the odd roundabout missing, but otherwise perfect, including rural areas that we've travelled through.

I don't expect any of the major roads would have changed between the two versions though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭brimur69

I have a Garmin Nuvi with City Navigator Europe NT 2010.10 Limited, Deluxe All Regions, Apr 09 installed and not only is my estate not in it (it tells me to proceed off road when I am arriving to the park) but the M8 motorway between Dublin and Cork is also missing. It just keeps recalculating! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 btmason

brimur69 wrote: »
    I have a Garmin Nuvi with City Navigator Europe NT 2010.10 Limited, Deluxe All Regions, Apr 09 installed and not only is my estate not in it (it tells me to proceed off road when I am arriving to the park) but the M8 motorway between Dublin and Cork is also missing. It just keeps recalculating! :eek:

From the above quote, it states simply that Garmin are way overdue with the City Navigator Europe NT 2010.20 maps. Garmin said this year that they will be 4 quarterly map updates. Is there any reason why we are waiting for six months and counting for the new maps.

Does anyone know when they are due?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

While the website mentions quarterly updates, the actual agreement is for 'up to four' updates per year, which is any figure between 0 and 4. Obviously, from a customer service perspective, they should have 4 per year, evenly distributed across the quarters, but in reality they have no commitment to do this. There is one in the works, hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 btmason

While it is not false advertising, it can be as little as 0 upgrades per year. It is definately misleading, most people will scan read the advertisment instantly and perceive that they are entitled to 4 upgrades per year. they need to re-word the advert.

If they are commited to road safety as they are about the dollar, these upgrades should be more prompt.

While the website mentions quarterly updates, the actual agreement is for 'up to four' updates per year, which is any figure between 0 and 4. Obviously, from a customer service perspective, they should have 4 per year, evenly distributed across the quarters, but in reality they have no commitment to do this. There is one in the works, hopefully it'll come sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TestLink

Any additional update for Ireland in the Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2010.20 when compared with Garmin City Navigator Europe NT 2010.10?

Advertisement