Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerosoft Irish scenery

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Simtech wrote: »
    http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=27650 I suggest anyone who wants to see Irish scenery adds their voice to this.

Very interesting topic,i love my fs9.I will set up an account 2ma bit too tired now.He mentioned he had a problem distributing it in Ireland hell i wold do it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I wish somebody would do it. I'm sure it would sell very well, they shouldnt worry about the size of the Irish market, its abroad that sales would come from those interested in flying virtually here. It would be well received in the US I bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭StephenM_smc

I would hazard a guess that the usage of pirated software diminishes their figures for the Irish market a bit. Unfortunate really.

I would hazard a guess that the usage of pirated software diminishes their figures for the Irish market a bit. Unfortunate really.

Do you think it would be possible for them to have a verification mathod similar to that of pmdg 744f,that is near impossible to crack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭StephenM_smc

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Do you think it would be possible for them to have a verification mathod similar to that of pmdg 744f,that is near impossible to crack.

Given all the products Aerosoft have and the quality of them, the incentive to crack it would be even greater than for PMDG Products.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jw93

Hi All,

Ireland currently has no scenery developed by professional software developers and currently members of Irish VA's / ATC have been inquiring to the major developers if they would show any interest in developing some.

Currently we have only been shown some interest from Aerosoft and some other software developers who state that it would have to be justifiable to them to develop some, which is understandable.

As a regular flyer with in Irish Airspace, I see a lot of traffic both local and from other sectors.

We have started an online petition (yes we are not petitioning against anything laugh.gif ) but it was a source were we could possibly demonstrate to Aerosoft that there would be a genuine interets for Irish scenery

Please members, could you kindly show your support by signing your name to our list.

All you need to do is click the link below and sign your name, no registration is required

http://www.petition.fm/petitions/aerosoftirishscenery/

Many thanks for your help

Regards

Jack Walsh

Given all the products Aerosoft have and the quality of them, the incentive to crack it would be even greater than for PMDG Products.

Still its an added benefit to the producer of the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ireland is really lacking third party scenery at the moment, Ive signed the petition, 380 so far.
    For now the best I could find to improve the default scenery is Ultimate Terrain X Europe.

bandit197 wrote: »
    Ireland is really lacking third party scenery at the moment, Ive signed the petition, 380 so far.
    For now the best I could find to improve the default scenery is Ultimate Terrain X Europe.

Did it improve the scenery much for Ireland? Any screen shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

It improves it a bit in that it adds roads, bridges etc. However the texture resolution stays the same. Ill dig out some screenshots....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Shamrock883

Ultimate Terrain aswell as Ground Environment Pro are both purely for VFR navigation. So instead of having a cross type object (say, the palmerstown roundabout used by Weston ATC) you get a proper circular roundabout. Roads/Rivers/Train Lines etc are all detailed better in these packages rather than the default.

If you're flying IFR, apart from you looking out on finals and seeing the M1, its not going to do much in terms of enhancing the flight.

After IFSD disbanded (even before it disbanded) we badly needed new scenery for Ireland. While some went ahead and made some themselves (Terry Smith's Dublin scenery for example) and made it looking pretty good, there wasn't a professional developer willing enough to make scenery for Shannon/Cork or even the regionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannye92

Guys,

Fly Wonderful Islands have confirmed they are working on EIDW for FSXand Terry will continue with his FS9 version, FWI plan to have it out as soon as possible and to follow up with Cork and Shannon next year and if that does well he might do some regionals!

Advertisement