Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying watch form amazon

Options
  • 22-07-2009 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

hi, just wondering if anyone has ever bought a watch from amazon,
    are they reliable?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭littleknown

thanks, i note that the watch from AMazon.com * us is nearly half the price. is it possible to buy from u.s amazon and pay the duty-shipping costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭steppen

What are you going to buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭littleknown

im looking at a tag heuer formula 1 like this one

http://www.amazon.com/TAG-Heuer-Formula-Chronograph-CAH1110-BT0714/dp/B0016A8RIA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1248298554&sr=8-2

works out about half of shop price from what i can see,

would appreciate though if you know of similar models_ styles for around this price range - ideally lower, im alergic to most watches so should have a rubber or leather strap and clear back ( automatic wathces generally do ) plus ive used a tag before and didnt get any reaction so reckon they must use good material.

thanks very much in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I've never paid any duty on a watch - I don't think they bother opening small parcels

everything large I've ever bought from outside the EU I had to pay duty

never had to pay anything on a watch, I don't think they open small ones

either that or I'm very lucky

Advertisement