Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Do You Think You Are - Chris Moyles in Dublin

Options
  • 22-07-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

9pm

They'll be tears before bedtime no doubt.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mike65 wrote: »
    9pm

They'll be tears before bedtime no doubt.

Just watching it there (stupid flatmate). Its not really great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Have being watching it with interest .

Nice to see different angles of Dublin ie, the quays , O Connal street , grafton street , Bewlys cafe , the coombe etc ;)

I laughed when he thought his family might be from southamton '' oh no , not southamton '' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was a good one. Shame about what happened to his great-grandfather.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

One of the many millions killed in the great war .

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Really enjoyed that episode - he came across so different to his usual self. Ballina looked really well - see Fr Hoban got his request in for a donation :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,998 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Interesting all the same, my 10 year old son watched it and he is now interested in tracing his ancestor lineage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

geez davina had an interesting family

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I love this show. Always find it fascinating how they trace their lineage and it always throws up surprising twists.
    It's actually something that I'd love to do for my own family. It's on the ever increasing list of things to do.

Thought it was funny when Chris Moyles thought that his Irish lineage would be one of Craic agus Ceol. Little did he know that Ireland wasn't a particularly prosperous place a hundred years ago. It was also interesting to see that he was genuinely disappointed when he thought his family wasn;t Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

geez davina had an interesting family

all that mad stuff about her ma and she still mentions her in her shampoo ads. Just goes to show.

Thought it funny when one of Moyles relatives offerd him the loan of the ' Queens Shilling ' plate from her wall on condidtion he returns it ie,

Womon '' you can have this as long as you return it ''

Moyles '' This might be worth melting down ''

Womon '' I'll melt you down if it's not returned ''

Like he only works for the BBC :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Fairly interesting show alright - especially for the Plastic Paddies who wouldn't have known that so many of their ancestors had no hang-ups about fighting for the British in WWI - and even believed they were doing their bit for Mother Ireland by going to the battlefields of France.

Awkward bit on Today FM Ray Foley's show today though. Somebody texted in asking if he'd seen Moyles on Who Do You Think You Are, and did he think they could be related... So funny

• Registered Users Posts: 16,998 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Why just the plastic paddies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Awkward bit on Today FM Ray Foley's show today though. Somebody texted in asking if he'd seen Moyles on Who Do You Think You Are, and did he think they could be related... So funny

Brilliant, such a pity theres no listen again on the Today FM site.:D

Overall though I thought Moyles came across very well in the show, although if he's so proud of his roots here woulden't he have applied for the Irish Passport by now.

Was definetly a much better watch than all the gushing nonsense from Davina the previous week in Paris.

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    although if he's so proud of his roots here woulden't he have applied for the Irish Passport by now.
    Why? What benefit would he have by having an Irish Passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Latchy wrote: »
    One of the many millions killed in the great war .

It wasn't a great war. It was a stupid idiotic war between the ruling families of Europe who sent their "subjects" to be killed for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Why? What benefit would he have by having an Irish Passport?

So you can produce it to your kidnappers in Afganistan, Iraq, Iran etc :)

Elmo wrote: »
    Ha. One of the few benefits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Elmo wrote: »
    Didn't they just behead that guy anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Have to Listen to the Chris Moyles show on BBC radio one every morning since I moved over to London..awful stuff.. Maybe he isnt that bad really but his co hosts just do my head in

Advertisement