Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dexter?? Your opinion.

Options
  • 22-07-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

To me, Dexter is one of those shows that I can't stop watching, but I hate it so much.

All the characters are incredibly annoying with a lot of bad acting to boot, the worst of which on both counts is Dexter's sister - WHY DIDN'T SHE DIE?!!

In some ways it reminds me of 'OZ'. - I watched it all (nearly), but if someone asked me if it was worth watching I'd say - "no, - it's a pile of ****."

It also has some of the annoyances that 'lost' has. -Bad acting, annoying characters, but you can't stop watching.

Why do shows like these last so long, but brilliant instant classics like Arrested Development get canceled?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I only got introduced to it recently but I love it, agree with the sister she's a complete headwreck and Dokes is way OTT as well.

Almost finished season 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

I could barely stand it (agree Deborah should die!) but the books were way worse - I persisted and read them as I thought original books must be better. What an epic mistake.

I have problems with glorifying a murderer when the show is such a tripe, you need some really good writing to pull it off sadly absent here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Can we get some specific instances of bad acting? I think it's all round excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Great show and some decent acting, that makes me care about the charecters, If you don't like well suggest you change channels, I find it a bit odd that you say you can't stop watching shows like this Oz or last but you find issues such as finding all charecters annoying. Can you explain to me why you continue to watch Dexter if this is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

There was some decent acting all right - esp from Dexter - which made it bearable but the plot and the general premise sucked. I mean how many times do you need to be reminded "Dexter has no emotions". How many concidences can you have? But Miami outdoor scenes are cool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement