Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I plant in a vegetable patch at this time of year, late July?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have just made a 30' x 10' veg patch in my garden. Can anyone suggest what I could plant in it at this time of year (late July)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Salad items are all still a go, lettuce, scallions, beetroot, they should all come on from seed.

For other items such as cauliflower, leek, cabbage, you could get a head start by buying some plants that are already a few inches tall.

There are also other things that you can grow over the winter. Winter cabbage and broccoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭SJPRogue

Thanos wrote: »
    Salad items are all still a go, lettuce, scallions, beetroot, they should all come on from seed.

For other items such as cauliflower, leek, cabbage, you could get a head start by buying some plants that are already a few inches tall.

There are also other things that you can grow over the winter. Winter cabbage and broccoli.

Thanks, Thanos.

Thats a perfect list to get a start on. Much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Peas and beans will grow now - especially French beans. There are late varieties of carrots that can still be planted too. Garlic can be planted in October/November.

Advertisement