Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancers in Cork

Options
  • 22-07-2009 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I'm looking for two dancers/movers to work with on a short film that I intend to make soon.

I'm based in West Cork and have made several dance videos, two of which have been shown on TV and one was shown at the Cork Film Festival last year.

The next film I intend to make is experimental in nature, based around the idea of contrast and I'm looking for a male and a female dancer with contrasting body types and movement styles to work with.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Hey puffinpie, your film sounds very interesting. Would love to get involved but I'm not living in Cork any more. Maybe you might get a better response from People's Republic of Cork forums? Check it out at http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/~peoplesr/forums/

If you're in town, you could also put up posters around firkin crane too.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Puffinpie

Thanks for your helpful suggestions I'll follow them up and wishing you the best of luck with whatever you are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gill_Breakbeat

You should get in contact with deirdre dempsey she runs breakbeat waterford. I teach for her too very interested in your film but you need to talk to her depending on what style of dance you want to portray your film they way you want to!

Her number is 0879078194 :)

Gill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Puffinpie

Thankyou for your reply and interest and I'll do what you suggest.

Advertisement