Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's Wildlife Facebook Page

Options
  • 22-07-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi All,

I recently set up an Ireland's Wildlife page on Facebook -- check it out on www.facebook.com/wildireland and let me know what you think. It's amassed 200 fans in the month or so it's been up, but I'm keen to encourage more interaction and posts from the community, and to spread the word.

I'm working on a wildlife website in my spare time too that will live on www.irelandswildlife.com when it's ready. Core to the site will be the several hundred species profiles I originally wrote for the back page of Ireland's Own, but interactive community features are high on the list too.

The idea is to build a sort of online hub -- a meeting and jumping off point, if you like, for all things wild in Ireland with community submissions, reviews, ratings and discussion.

At the moment that's still some way off... but hopefully together we can build a valuable online resource for everyone interested in Ireland's wildlife at home and abroad.

See you on the Facebook page....

Cheers,

Calvin!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

why not advertise this on radio Naturetalk pm me id love to have you on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭dave999

Hi All,

I recently set up an Ireland's Wildlife page on Facebook -- check it out on www.facebook.com/wildireland and let me know what you think. It's amassed 200 fans in the month or so it's been up, but I'm keen to encourage more interaction and posts from the community, and to spread the word.

See you on the Facebook page....

Cheers,

Calvin!

Hi Calvin,
    Great facebook page, lets see what we can do to get more friends!

Just to let you know, the facebook insert about Ryan Tubridy, Darren and Madge (the Buzzard) for Heritage week was a great photo shoot for us. We (South East Birds of Prey) are often asked to help out and at that shoot we had our Barn Owl (RTE' Late Late fame!) and Madge (she's an 18yr old Red Tail in case anyone spots it) who is great with visitors and celebs alike!
    Take care
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

well done calvin, its a pleasure to have you here on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Calvin141170

Thanks everyone... it's a pleasure to be here :).

Hopefully I'll find time soon to get cracking on the Ireland's Wildlife website... but paying work has to take precedence :(. Will keep you posted.

@Kaldorn Would love to come on -- but would probably make more sense once the main site is up and running.

Oh, and I forgot to mention you can also follow Ireland's Wildlife on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/wildireland.

Cheers,

Calvin!

Advertisement