Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VTOS MATURE STUDENT

Options
  • 22-07-2009 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

VTOS
    Hi,
    I want to do a pre university engineering course in september in a cdvec for 1 year,i am a qualified electrician with fetac level 6 electrical certificate.so even though I am out of work 1 year i cannot get BTEA because of the stupid fetac electrical cert.can someone please tell me If I could get VTOS despite the electrical fetac cert???
    I cannot get a answer anywhere I emailed the cdvec but n answer.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

I was in the same boat. Unemployed since Jan 08, have a Diploma (upgraded to level 7 qualification) and didn't qualify for BTEA but I have qualified for VTOS. I think its just based on the amount of time I'm unemployed because they know I have a diploma. I found out all the information from the CDVEC college where I applied for the course (I applied in March). I think (if I remember correctly) most colleges have approx 50 places to allocate to VTOS and its on a first come first served basis (the earlier you apply the better).

Hope this helps. Any queries, I'd ring their office and make an appointment to see the VTOS officer.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 brokeasajoke

SuperTyper wrote: »
    I was in the same boat. Unemployed since Jan 08, have a Diploma (upgraded to level 7 qualification) and didn't qualify for BTEA but I have qualified for VTOS. I think its just based on the amount of time I'm unemployed because they know I have a diploma. I found out all the information from the CDVEC college where I applied for the course (I applied in March). I think (if I remember correctly) most colleges have approx 50 places to allocate to VTOS and its on a first come first served basis (the earlier you apply the better).

Hope this helps. Any queries, I'd ring their office and make an appointment to see the VTOS officer.

Good luck.

ah **** sake I take it i'm too late now what a load of bollox the lazy ***** wont even answer the phone or emails
    thanks for your reply

Not sure if you are too late, its just when I applied and attended the interview she told me about the 50 places and cos I applied in March I was sorted so to speak. No harm in trying, dont give up just yet. Would you not call up to the college, did ya send in the application form, there is a tick box for VTOS and BTEA and they have a chat with your bout both, see which one you are qualify for. Not sure what the closing dates etc are for the CDVEC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 brokeasajoke

SuperTyper wrote: »
    Not sure if you are too late, its just when I applied and attended the interview she told me about the 50 places and cos I applied in March I was sorted so to speak. No harm in trying, dont give up just yet. Would you not call up to the college, did ya send in the application form, there is a tick box for VTOS and BTEA and they have a chat with your bout both, see which one you are qualify for. Not sure what the closing dates etc are for the CDVEC.

I'll write to them or maybe call in in person
    its headrecking

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hacks

Hi, i have a very basic FETAC (level 2 i think) thing i got when i did a PLC course after i finished school, will it stop me being able to get the BTEA ?? I'm out of work over a year and just presumed i'd qualify, planning on doing a level 8 degree course now

• Advertisement

As far as I know, once you are doing a course that is at a higher level, you should get the BTEA.

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp7237/back-to-education-allowance/index.html

Advertisement