Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing weekend (west)

Options
  • 22-07-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi.
    Our friends will come it Ireland and we wanna go to the West for a weekend.
    We r looking for beginner place, with good nightlife, nice landscapes not too far and probably other activities (like hiking).
    Is there any spot like that? My colleague recommended me the Achill island, but nightlife (pubs, clubs) doesn't look good.

Thanks for any help.
    PS. last week we were at Dingle, so we don't really wanna go to the same place :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

strand hill brillant pub or Enniscrone and go out in Ballina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rdow

I went to strandhill last week, its a nice beach, the water was actually warm!!!?!! and it's only 10 mins from Sligo town, plenty of night life there.

Or Bundoran, great atmosphere at night and the Donegal Adventure centre have reasonable surfing weekends, accomodation included and your right in town so its very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

or head a little further south to Lehinch Co.Clare.
    Thriving night life, surf on beach (or reefs what ever your preference) and only a very short drive to Cliffs of Moher and the Burren...

Although there is some pretty big swell on the way this wknd so might be best to hit some where a lil more sheltered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭fannymagee

Achill Island has 50 pubs, 2 nightclubs, loads of restaurants and a big surf community- whats the problem with nightlife??!! There's LOADS to do day and night, plenty so you won't get bored. If surfers are beginners there are surf schools on Keel beach, instructors are sound. Have your first post-surf pint in the Annexe and you won't go wrong!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Enniscrone.ie

Enniscrone is the place to go. I know Im from there but you can do so much, like hiking, swimming, fishing, golf, seaweed baths, sufing ... the list goes on.
    Most of the pubs have live music every night for the summer so going out is a buzz..

Trevor
    [font=&quot][font=&quot]www.enniscrone.ie[/font][/font]
    +353(0)87 4128510

• Advertisement
Advertisement