Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

East coast today (Wed 22nd)

Options
  • 22-07-2009 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi all,

I’m driving down the east coast after work today (Wed 22nd) to check out the spots and hopefully get into the water. It’s been too long and while conditions are not good, just going to check Maghermore and maybe somewhere else. It’s only a 40ish minute drive instead of 2.5 hours. I’m still a beginner really, been surfing around a year. Given today’s conditions, can I ask there is anywhere that is not worth checking out? Or where is the best place to head to? I’m driving from Dublin and heading home to Kildare after. I got the sickness and need more cowbell!

Nice one.

Slán.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

How'd you get on? As flat as your bath tub....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Greenman408

Not too bad, to be honest. Was at Maghermore.

There was nothing happening for most of it, flat really, a lot of waiting. Just myself and anther guy out. Did get one good ride from the back to the beach which makes it all worthwhile. Put a smile on my face. It was great just to get into the water. Heading down was mainly to check out for myself about distances and travelling times after work. There was about 10 of us at the end, all in the little pocket over to the right, going for the smaller waves. Good to get them though, could be stuck at home doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

good stuff!!nice little beach to chill out on too. Haven't been down to MM this year, might try it on weekend, sunday might have some mush with the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

where is maghermore??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

i was there on thursday, was fun, by myself, small waves,
    swell this weekend and next week, might see some of you guys there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement