Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change in fees

Options
  • 22-07-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Anybody else notice they have reduced a lot of the fees for newcomers this year and left them the same for returning students?

Any thoughts?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 clicks

well it pains me to say it sounds like preparing for fees to come back in...
    any similar thing from other colleges???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Where have you seen this?

What fees exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

I'd guess that the OP means tuition fees of some kind, since the registration fee has already been set at €1,500, but I can't seem to find anything that backs this up.

OP, can you be more specific? What fees are you talking about? Undergraduate or Postgraduate? EU or Non-EU? Also, can you link to anything your source of this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

Sorry for being vague earlier.
    I'm doing a part-time PG and the fees for the new 1st years have dropped by 23%. We've contacted the faculty who are investigating.
    Here's a link to the fees:

http://www.tcd.ie/Treasurers_Office/fees/fees_coursefees.php

I just think it's a bit much in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭CJTobin

Ah, I'd come across that earlier, but wasn't sure if you were referring to UG or PG fees, thanks for clearing it up.

Hm, seems a bit unfair that continuing PG students can't avail of the reductions in cost. I wonder would College have already budgeted for current PG students to continue paying the initial going rate until they finish up their Masters/PhD? Unlikely, due to the possibility of people dropping out of their PG course, but still...

Be sure to let us know what the faculty have to say, Try1ng, it could be important for us Undergrads around here!

• Advertisement

No problem guys - i'll let you know the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 sean_17

Maybe they realise how much the poor newcomers will have to pay in upcoming years and have decided to let them off a bit lighter this year??!

All sorted - the fees office have come back, same price as the 1st years -4K plus the extras.

Advertisement