Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game of Thrones-Casting choices which have been made

Options
  • 22-07-2009 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

According to Martins Blog the following people have been cast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_of_Thrones_(TV_series)

Tom McCarthy-Director of the Pilot
    Peter Dinklage-Tyrion Lannister
    Sean Bean-Ned Stark
    Kit Harington-Jon Snow
    Jack Gleeson-Joffery Baratheon
    Harry Lloyd-Viserys Targaryen
    Mark Addy-Robert Baratheon

I think that this series will probably be excellent as its HBO and Martin seems to be playing a big role in the production (possibly to the detriment of the speed of the novels being written).It could become huge and introduce Martins work to a far wider audience.

Heres my two cents on the casting so far.
    Tom McCarthy- has great form with the Visitor and The Wire episodes.I,m sure he,ll be great

Peter Dinklage-The obvious choice.Hes a fantastic actor and he gets what will probably be the role of his life playing the most complex and interesting character in the series.

Sean Bean-Hes a good actor and he was great as Boromir.I,m sure he,ll do a good job.But Ned in my minds eye was an understated guy.Average height,physique,looking.His power came from his integrity and will.I always pictures an Ed Norton type playing him.I think that Sean Bean looks like the classical Fantasy hero and Ned Stark kind of played against that stereotype.

Kit Harington-Hes an unknown.But Martins said on his blog that they,ve all been blown away by his readings.HBO has a great track record of picking out new talent.

Mark Addy-He,ll be great for the feasting scenes and the bawdy jokes etc.But before he became a drunken fool Robert was a warrior who seized a kingdom so I hope he,ll be able to get the sense of danger about the man across.

Jack Gleeson-Another unknown.Sure he,ll be great.

Harry Lloyd-Looks the part.He,ll be fine.

What does anyone else think!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I want to know who they are casting as the Lannister twins.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I'm not a big reader I must admit, Is it a good book?

I must say I'm very impressed with the cast and I always liked Sean Bean Iv'e prob seen the vast majority of his films. So his addition has sold me.

ziedth wrote: »

I must say I'm very impressed with the cast and I always liked Sean Bean Iv'e prob seen the vast majority of his films. So his addition has sold me.

YES. It is a brilliant series. But there are no good guys. Everyone screws with each other and not in a sexual way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Its a good cast so far. Nice to see unknowns to play Jon and Joffrey. Sean Bean will be good as Ned but like jonsnow I always imagined him being more understated than Sean Bean. He is a great actor and will do a good job as Ned though.

There are still a lot of characters to be cast. A lot of which gain bigger roles in the following books. Daenerys, Catelyn, Cersei and Jaime, The Hound, Arya, Bronn, Bran, Littlefinger, Stannis, etc. There are so many.

The Don wrote: »
    The Hound,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Weston tbh

Oooh Im going to hell for that one.

• Advertisement

Gregor Clegane.

This guy would be ideal. THe only problem is that he can barely speak

http://www.wwedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/great-khali.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Nathan Jones would be good as Gregor Clegane. He's had experience in a few roles already.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Jumpy wrote: »
    Gregor Clegane.

This guy would be ideal. THe only problem is that he can barely speak

http://www.wwedaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/great-khali.jpg

Clegane is a man of few words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

ziedth wrote: »

Books are phenomenal. Best fictional series I've read bar none and I'm not even a big fantasy man. It's like The Wire with swords. And some weird ice-demons.

The Don wrote: »
    Nathan Jones would be good as Gregor Clegane. He's had experience in a few roles already.

Ah yes. BOAAAAGRIUUUUUSSSSS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement