Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan rental money non-refundable

Options
  • 22-07-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

My sister cancelled a trip to France including campervan rental on 16.07 due to serious illness to my father. She was due to fly out on 30.07. She was forced to sign a contract and fax this to the south african based campervan company in order to secure the booking. She has since been informed that the $2000 she paid up front on her credit card is non-refundable although she gave 2 weeks notice. i have not seen the contract she signed. What course of action could she take and what are her options in this a very tough time for my family?

thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

bossanova wrote: »
    My sister cancelled a trip to France including campervan rental on 16.07 due to serious illness to my father. She was due to fly out on 30.07. She was forced to sign a contract and fax this to the south african based campervan company in order to secure the booking. She has since been informed that the $2000 she paid up front on her credit card is non-refundable although she gave 2 weeks notice. i have not seen the contract she signed. What course of action could she take and what are her options in this a very tough time for my family?

thank you

Claim on her holdiay insurance.

Advertisement