Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

303 emulator hosting

Options
  • 22-07-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Having played with a friend's 303 I wanna try a bit of my own production. Having read around I'm thinking of using D16's Phoscyon to start with and go from there, just to see if I like it. http://www.d16.pl/index.php?menu=10

My question is, what is a decent host programme to go with it? My laptop is decent enough spec to handle most programmes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Big choice of apps out there - depends on a few things to choose between them. I can list things for PC here.

For VST (like the d16) the cheaper apps would be Reaper (free) then fruity loops.

If your'e a competent musician and want fully featured app with a bit more meat to it then Cubase.

There are programs like 'Reason' that give you lots of stuff to play with right away, but you cannot add VST later as it is a locked system with it's own instruments.

Fruity loops and Reason can make music good enough to be released.
    Cubase is a steeper learning curve, boring to look at but practical.

I'd go and ask some friends if they have reason and ask them to show you what it can do - it's aimed at schools so very stable and easy to get into.

IT's really a big can of worms what you are asking though!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

If you are not looking to use a DAW, Digital audio working station in full, and want to play the emulater live, i would recomend you download fruity loops demo, fully functional, just cant save, able to add fx etc.
    Neuro jazz is right can of worms,
    thats cheap and easy tho.
    i'm using an emulater by ABL, host it in fruity and ableton depends what i'm doing.
    good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Ableton live would be the best .... you would be able to make your sequence in a second, and try different VST's and different sounds in a second ... and even apply Side chain compression or any other effects in just few seconds .

the D16 plug-ins are great, but give a go to the audiorealism abl bassline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

Propellor heads made rebirth free a while ago, its self contained and comes with 2 303 and a 909 and 808,
    its patter based just like the originals.

http://www.rebirthmuseum.com/

also in freeware, computer music magazine has a free host and 303 emulator on their cover disc every month, along with other synths, samplers and fx. not bad for less than 10euros and a walk to your local easons

Advertisement