Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Havana Language Swap

Options
  • 22-07-2009 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Has anyone been to the language swap in havana? I was just wondering if it was any use at all. I can never make it for the ilac tuesday night swap, so I'm checking out other options.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Yeah, I went for the first time a few weeks ago; it's good fun, will definitely go back either this week or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

You're Havana a laugh? Sorry, silly joke!
    I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but as I was browsing through the different Spanish threads, I remembered a book I read once by world memory champion Dominic O'Brien and I was fascinated by it...some great study tips in general, with really good mnemonic tricks and very easy to read, very down-to-earth style. The book is called "How To Develop A Perfect Memory" ((as far as I can remember!).
    Personally, I've had an interest in Spanish since I was 13 or 14, it was easily my best subject in Secondary school. I've re-visited the study of it on and off for years', going to night classes etc, but never really got to grips with it. I would have loved to have had the opportunity to live in Spain, where necessity being the mother of invention, you would be forced to learn.
    I think the best place I ever went to for Spanish was the "INSTITUTO CERVANTES", in Ballsbridge in Dublin, they dealt not with just the language but it also had a strong cultural ethic.
    I remember one slightly embarrassing incident in a class there where the teacher was going through colours and she pointed at my head and said "grease"! Of course she was actually saying "gris", referring to my grey hair, but my face went muy rojo!

Advertisement