Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Installation?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hey,

Cancelled BT 24mb, sick of paying line rental so thinking of switching to UPC with 10mb with phone package.

I don't require any of their tv packages (yet!) so just wondering what is involved with the installation? Would I maybe have to tidy up my living room a bit???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭who is this

Probably best not to. You don't know where they'll need to work so you may end up moving everything right in their way.

Just let them move things as they need to and fix them up as you like afterwards.

In case you didn't already know, if you decide to only get BB from UPC, you incur a 6€ surcharge for not getting TV as well (just so you know).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If there's something in the way of your NTL box on the wall, then move that. Otherwise just leave everything as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭deco_b

According to the sales guy yesterday taking the phone anytime package means you dont have to pay the surcharge which actually makes it cheaper 37 euros to take the bb + phone rather as opposed to the bb on its own (32 + 6)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

deco_b wrote: »
    According to the sales guy yesterday taking the phone anytime package means you dont have to pay the surcharge which actually makes it cheaper 37 euros to take the bb + phone rather as opposed to the bb on its own (32 + 6)
    i thought so too, but they class the 'bundle' as tv, phone & bb, not just any two of the three so you need all three for the discount.

• Advertisement
Advertisement