Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting trouble?

Options
  • 22-07-2009 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi All,

Iv started designing logos as a hobby with inkscape.

Recently a friend of mine got me to deign his company logo for a small fee.

I have the logo done, as a vector logo, and all is fine, but now he has a list of differnet file formats which he wants the logo in.

I know that i can give him the logo in half the file formats, by just clicking "save as pdf" etc...but he has requested some file formats which do not appear on the scroll down list of file formats in inkscape.

Is there a way to convert to other different file formats, other that the ones contained in inkscape?

Can every file be converted into any other file over the internet for instance???

Cheers, look forward to your replies guys :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

you forgot to tell us what formats you wanted to save in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭duncanb

Sorry forgot to give you the formats.

He wants them in:

EPS, PSD, AI (vector based), and JPG

What will i do?
    He's looking for them by end of week (late friday afternoon) and inkscape doesnt have all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

If you have access to Adobe Illustrator you should be able to open the Inkscape file which saves in "SVG" format and export to any of the formats required. If you don't have it you can download a thirty day trial from Adobe.

Advertisement