Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat problem......

Options
  • 22-07-2009 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi, I'm new to the world of cat-owing and I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my cat.......she gets fits of manically running around in circles, sprinting up and down the stairs and in and out of the house.......it's like she's chasing shadows or something, and this behaviour isn't her usual. She seems to be hugely wound up and excitable, but in a demented kind of way.......any ideas??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

She's playing. Most cat owners can identify a 'mad half hour' daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

10:30 pm like clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Nothing unusual there :D. When one of mine was a kitten she would literally go bananas late at night tearing around like a mad thing. They're both a bit older now but still enjoy the odd burst of high speed madness on their own or chasing each other. Great fun :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

8 o'clock for my little nutbag...flies, shadows, me playing hide n seek anything can set her off....enjoy :D

really want to freak her out?...get a lazer pointer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭PCros

Mine has a habbit of doing a poo and then going nuts for a half hour.....kind of like a victory dance of her accomplishment!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A_Fitz

LOL, thank god for that - I thought she was loosing the plot big time!! She used always do it a bit, now n' again like, but in the last wk it had become a daily occurence and more frantic too, although she wasn't being aggressive or anything like that......just a bit loopy, so I guess it's just the way they do things n' there's nothing to worry about, ya?

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Nothing better (or funnier) than watching our two monsters go mental every evening. We usually end up in fits of laughter watching them go nuts. The male is always far worse than his sister and tears from room to room, even climbing the curtains in the living room.
    You'd swear we torture him when he starts his weird gurgling/singing/yowling during the mad time :D

He went absolutely bonkers for a few days for several hours every day and we were wondering was something seriously wrong with him. We finally diagnosed the issue - we'd got a stocking for them at christmas containing some toys and a few Catnip soaked treats. I'd thrown two bags of the treats on top of the fridge to stop the cats trying to rip the bags open and had forgotten about them for several months. Naturally, he discovered how to jump ontp the top of the presses and trot onto the top of the fridge.
    When I got up on the chair, I discovered the two bags were in shreds and he had his own little stash of kitty amphetamine that he was munching every so often! He wasn't too impressed when I scooped them into a plastic container! I'd swear he scowled at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

my mother used to lock our cats in the kitchen at night as their mad hours were in the middle of the night and they'd wake the whole house going insane at 4am :D

i'd be far more worried if i had a young cat that didn't go a bit loopy playing tbh:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

PCros wrote: »
    Mine has a habbit of doing a poo and then going nuts for a half hour.....kind of like a victory dance of her accomplishment!:D

:eek:

I hear you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Oh I can time my clock by my fella.

7:30 let him in
    7:35 he yowls outside the shower curtain while I shower
    7:45 feed him
    7:50 he is out up the garden emptying the bowels
    8:00 he tops up on some dry food
    8:05-8:30 he runs behind the couch, up on the window sill, bates the ****e out of a disgusting old crows feather that is his favorite toy and generally freaks out
    8:30-1pm sleeps in the kitchen til I get in for lunch break and repeats all the above!

Advertisement