Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Arcade screens in Ireland?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Im just wondering if anyone knows where to find a 15khz screen that could be used in an arcade . Im looking for one ideally between 25" and 28". Ive done some research and the ideal one seems to be a Hantarax Polo CRT thats out of production. Is there anywhere in Ireland that would have these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum/index.php

There's a few lads here based in Ireland that might be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

I can get new WG monitors 19",I have a few larger monitors but they need repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 warbuttons

Cheers Badge I'll scope that out. Thanks Mitcho.. I really need larger ones though. I already have a really nice 21" screen but I think its too small for the cabinet. Thanks for the replies.

If anyone else has any info It'd be much appreciated.

http://www.arcadeotaku.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5405&sid=45c98e70f2386df5a3cd69364b3ea0b0

There's new 29" 15kHz monitors going here for £50, and one of the Irish members is bringing them over here soon. Looks like a bargain.

That sounds great. Ill register to that forum and see what the story is. It'd be really handy if someone was bringing them over, the shipping is the biggest cost so far. Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Bought mine new from
    http://www.hantarex.co.uk/
    wasnt cheap though, think £50gbp shipping, great easy to setup monitor though

Yeah I was on their site. They dont have any 28" polo's though which is really what Im after. Certainly something bigger than 21". I emailed them but they never replied.....which is nice.

How did you get on with the lads over at Arcade Otaku? Grant mentioned you contacted him. Did it work out?

warbuttons wrote: »
    Yeah I was on their site. They dont have any 28" polo's though which is really what Im after. Certainly something bigger than 21". I emailed them but they never replied.....which is nice.
    Thats weird, they always replied to me straight away
    sales@hantarex.com
    warehouse@hantarex.com

Think the 21" was £275 and the 25" £475
    I didn't pay the vat because I game my company vat number and they deducted it at source

Hey Gadge, yeh i contacted some lad on that forum and he gave me a number for some guy called Alan I think.. an english number. Tried ringing him today but didnt get through. Im not really too sure what the deal with that is. I think he might be bringing some over to Ireland or something. Ill try ringing him again about it.

Hey Cynos, Yeah ill try email them again if this thing with Grant and Alan falls through. Really need to get this screen asap.
    Cheers for all your help guys, its much appreciated.

• Advertisement

One other thing. Does anyone know how SNES games and the more modern games run on a 15khz monitor? I know the old skool games look super, but Im just wondering do the newer games look good too or do they look muck?

I'll let you know tomorrow, arcade getting a new wiring loom,
    The Model2(emulated) ones look decent enough though.

Have you checked out hyperspin yet?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0gMhdnvVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib2V_jw7JZY

Hey Gadge, yeh i contacted some lad on that forum and he gave me a number for some guy called Alan I think.. an english number. Tried ringing him today but didnt get through. Im not really too sure what the deal with that is. I think he might be bringing some over to Ireland or something. Ill try ringing him again about it.

Hey Cynos, Yeah ill try email them again if this thing with Grant and Alan falls through. Really need to get this screen asap.
    Cheers for all your help guys, its much appreciated.

Alan is from Offaly and he's back home now.

He's also a member of Boards but he doesn't log on often I think.

I'll talk to him later and put him on to you.

Cheers man. So whats the story with this Alan lad? Does he bring these screens over to Ireland from england? What exactly does he do?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I have a Jamma megadrive and the games look great on an arcade monitor. So I would imagine it would be the same for any console that outputs at low resolutions. (Snes etc)

Can't see a ps3 working though! :pac:

Cheers man. So whats the story with this Alan lad? Does he bring these screens over to Ireland from england? What exactly does he do?

He runs an arcade and deals in machines. Those screens are a one-off thing.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have a Jamma megadrive and the games look great on an arcade monitor. So I would imagine it would be the same for any console that outputs at low resolutions. (Snes etc)

Can't see a ps3 working though! :pac:

There are lads who got Xboxes and PS3s running in their cabs without too much hassle.

Xboxes are easier because of their VGA lead and wired pads which are apparently easy enough to hack.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,587 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Gadge wrote: »

There are lads who got Xboxes and PS3s running in their cabs without too much hassle.

It's not so much the technicality of getting one working as the god awful image quality a ps3 is going to have on a low resolution monitor!

If you want to run a ps3 on an arcade machine properly you'll want to be be buying a vewlix cab.

syuzai01.jpg

Gadge wrote: »

Xboxes are easier because of their VGA lead and wired pads which are apparently easy enough to hack.

You can get a kit for an xbox 1 which will allow you to hook it up to an older jamma cab. Mainly for use with emulators running through a modded xbox.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's not so much the technicality of getting one working as the god awful image quality a ps3 is going to have on a low resolution monitor!

If you want to run a ps3 on an arcade machine properly you'll want to be be buying a vewlix cab.

syuzai01.jpg

You can get a kit for an xbox 1 which will allow you to hook it up to an older jamma cab. Mainly for use with emulators running through a modded xbox.

Yes, I set up 2 Naomi Universals that way, using an i-pac and the Xbox adapter. You also need a VGA kit for Xbox. Also you need a sound amp to get anything but a minimal volume from the speakers. I bought a €7.99 pair of PC speakers from Argos and hacked them into the cabinet's speakers, and kept the volume control. Bang-up job!

Also I've added 6 more buttons since I took that pic.

netcity.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Naomi looks great gadge.
    I had an offer of one of these when I got my electorcoin Xenon, should have taken it...
    Nice big screen..

sham69 wrote: »
    Naomi looks great gadge.
    I had an offer of one of these when I got my electorcoin Xenon, should have taken it...
    Nice big screen..

They can be found cheap enough around every so often.

They look lovely when they're chopped down and done up. I'e seen one that was totally repainted black and it was gorgeous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement