Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon

Options
  • 21-07-2009 10:28pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just saw the movie 'Moon' tonight starring Sam Rockwell and pretty much nobody else. I really enjoyed it and would put it as one of the best science-fiction movies of the last few years because it required intelligence, didn't rely on SFX, and decided to ask important questions about human nature, etc. - the sort of concepts that good hard sci-fi does so well.

I don't want to spoil the plot - the revelations are paced quite well and it's not a "twist" movie. It's also quite nice to see how it subverted some of the clichés we've come to expect from Hollywood regarding science fiction, in particular
    an actual computer with good intentions, so very refreshing especially given it's initial HAL vibe

Strongly recommended for sci-fi fans who are sick of Hollywood treating their genre as an excuse to power up a rendering farm and slap a plot in afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

qwertz wrote: »
    Oh I'm aware, but I'm interested in discussing it from the point-of-view of the science fiction angle and how it's a good example of sci-fi being treated correctly. I know there's a few posts on it in that thread but this is the Sci-Fi & Fantasy forum so felt it appropriate here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

And where did I say it was inappropriate for you to post this in here? All I did was pointing out the other discussion.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

qwertz wrote: »
    And where did I say it was inappropriate for you to post this in here? All I did was pointing out the other discussion.
    Chill out. I just think it can be discussed in two places from two different angles.

Advertisement