Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow Box Junction

Options
  • 21-07-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Is a white box junction the same as a yellow box junction?

I only ask this as there is a new one located outside the building beside Shelbourne Park, on South Lotts road.

There's been a few times Ive been stopped here and from the underground carpark a car cant get out into traffic, then recently a white box appeared, Is this a new form of box? Or would it have been placed here by the owners of the building?

I'd say a good few will know the location, hope I've explained it well enough.

I couldnt find anything about white box junctions.

http://www.rulesoftheroad.ie/rules-for-driving/junctions-roundabouts/yellow-box-junctions.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

A junction is where 2 or more public roads meet, therefore a yellow box junction cannot be legally enforced at the entrance to a private house/building. In these cases, it is common to place a white box with "Keep Clear" etc. lettering in it.

I don't believe that the end of a bus lane is included in the current laws where a yellow box can be enforced but this may change with the introduction of a new Traffic Signs Manual.................:)

Advertisement