Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keith Barry

Options
  • 21-07-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Has anyone seen Keith Barry live? I went at the weekend he was unreal!!!! Think he's playing a few more dates this month round the country you should def go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I fookin HATE Keith Barry

He thinks hes mad cos every 2nd word her says is "fvckin"

I'd rather go, watch his support band, and leave

The HACK of him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Honolulu

Riiiiight. Each to their own then I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He once did a card trick for me at a leaving do in his last proper job. Got me to take a card out of the deck, sign it and he put it back in, reshuffled the deck. I, of course was watching him like a hawk. Takes a card out of the deck and says to me "is this your card?", and I said "noooooo", dead happy with myself. He then, of course, pulls out his wallet from his back pocket, flips it open and there's the card with my signature on it facing out from the laminated bit. Still havent forgiven him. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

I went to see him a few years ago, liked it but then found out that the tricks with the volunteers are completely staged. Like for one the volunteer had to wear a blindfold, and on the inside of the blindfold "Cat" was written, and keith asked him what was on his lap and the volunteer didnt go along with it for a while and almost outed him. Twuz funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

If you have been once to one of his shows thats enough, same shyte different day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

My, we're certainly not a nation of begrudgers!

I say good luck to him. I knew him as a kid and he was good guy. We all know that what he does is not real, but it's how he does these things that perplexes us and entertains us.

I know I'd rather be doing tricks with the Pussycat Dolls, Lindsay Lohan et al, than sitting at my office desk every day! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

didnt think his show was great, kinda rushed..then he's trying to be all derren brown on top of it..sh@t

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

gscully wrote: »

I say good luck to him. I knew him as a kid and he was good guy. We all know that what he does is not real, but it's how he does these things that perplexes us and entertains us.

I know I'd rather be doing tricks with the Pussycat Dolls, Lindsay Lohan et al, than sitting at my office desk every day! :(
    Wheres the begrudgery? Just because hes Irish people should check their opinions and lick his ar$e :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lisie247

Sizzler wrote: »
    If you have been once to one of his shows thats enough, same shyte different day.

Ah no- im goin to see him tomorro hope im not disappointed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

i was at his show tonight omg i as totaly bewildered:eek:...btw anyone know the name of his opening act???the girl was simply PERFECT looking:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 daveyj

marko91 wrote: »
    i was at his show tonight omg i as totaly bewildered:eek:...btw anyone know the name of his opening act???the girl was simply PERFECT looking:eek:

http://www.myspace.com/ruthannemusic

yeah, its Ruth-Anne Cunningham, she's bang on

She did that American Boy / Kiss medley on FM104

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Hes Amazing!!
    Think Hes Deadly!!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

Wouldn't want to go around to his house for dinner! only got 2 stars on RTE's restaurant, his meal looked disgusting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

What I dislike about Keith Barry is you can buy all his tricks at online magic shops like http://www.penguinmagic.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I seen him it was great entertainment.Would go again

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Why all the hate for Keith?

Not my kind of thing really but I was impressed with that blindfolded car trick he did.

Its his personality I cant stand

He comes across as so smug a lot of the time, and really buys into his own 'celebrity'

and he thinks sayin 'fxckin' LITERALLY after every word he utters makes him cool

gimp...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

AH Fair enough. I don't know much about him so can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

I cannot abide him - He just has one of those faces you'd love to slap

Someone that has met him before told me he was an arrogant t*sser.

Surprised, non! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

I like when he does his Derren Brown type stuff, but the Paul Daniels + extra swearing shtick annoys me

Can't stand the smug tosser. We were brought to a taping of Deal or No Deal last year to show us film and TV students how a production is recorded and Barry came across very badly, he was very nasty at times when bantering with the contestant, saying he looked gay in the shirt he was wearing, etc.

His tricks are of the most mundane variety, he does nothing that a dozen other more talented magicians cant do. In fact most of his tricks are easy enough to learn at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

gscully wrote: »

At least they're not doing a bono and comparing him to hitler. So I'd look on the bright side.

For all you begrudgers out there... it has nothing to do with arselicking it's about over the top hate/anger filled comments about someone who has done nothing to you and has committed no crime.

Advertisement