Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tag for all toll bridges/roads

Options
  • 21-07-2009 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭

Is there a video tag or normal tag I can get that allows me to pay every toll I go through in Ireland automatically or do I have to get separate tags for the M1 and M50 toll bridges?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Most of the major tags should work for all from what I know. Video only works on M50.

eFlow say: http://www.eflow.ie/faq/index.htm#1
    an I use my tag on other toll roads or can I use my existing tag on the M50?

The eFlow tag is accepted on all toll roads within the Republic of Ireland.

All existing toll tags from approved suppliers are accepted on all toll roads - including the M50. This is called "interoperability".

So if you already have a tag from a supplier approved by the National Roads Authority (NRA), you do not have to register with eFlow. The main suppliers are: eFlow, MiniTag, EazyPass, eTrip, Eirtag, PassDirect and Tolltag.

However, to ensure that your existing tag is detected through the new eFlow gantry, make sure that you install your tag correctly on your vehicle's windscreen. Please contact your supplier for instructions.

If your tag is incorrectly positioned, it will not be detected by eFlow, and you will be invoiced as an unregistered customer.

The eToll-compatible road operators are:

* M50 East and West Link
    * Dublin Port Tunnel
    * M1 Dublin-Belfast Motorway
    * M4 Kinnegad-Kilcock Motorway
    * M8 Rathcormac-Fermoy Bypass
    * All future toll roads in Ireland

We will give further updates on this website whenever new toll roads are introduced around Ireland.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Is there a video tag or normal tag I can get that allows me to pay every toll I go through in Ireland automatically or do I have to get separate tags for the M1 and M50 toll bridges?

Any tag you get works in all tolls nationwide including the port tunnel. It was a requirement that came in about nov 2 years ago.

Advertisement