Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dalmatian - help getting him here from UK

Options
  • 21-07-2009 6:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I moved here for a new job around 3 weeks ago and looked very hard to find myself a house etc for myself and my family and eventually found the perfect one in Leapordstown.

The plan was that her and the kids would drive over with the dog in the car and go on the ferry to Belfast and drive down.

Thing is shes now having second thoughts and it looks as though they won't be coming - we had split up around 9 months ago due to her drinking but when I got this job I offered her the chance to come over with me and that Id be commited to trying to make it work, new life etc.

Well doesnt look like thats gonna happen but when I left the UK - I left my dog with her on the basis that she was driving over.

When I suggested to her to bring me over my dog regardless - and that id cover all costs she started making excuses about her car not being up for the journey.

Is there any service that anybody knows that I can use to get my dog from the UK to here?

Any help is massively appreciated guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

There are some dog charities that send dogs to uk regularly, I suppose you could ask one would they bring your dog back with them for a large donation, possibly cost of ferry?
    Where in uk is the dog? That may help others make better suggestions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

He's currently in Edinburgh - do you know any of the names of these charities?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Bea from Uisneach Border Collie Rescue does transport.

Her contact details are: Bea, sirius-dogsAThotmail.com or [+353] 086-828 7323

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

hadook, is this all the one word - the first part of the email or?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

The email address is sirius-dogs@hotmail etc, sorry about the confusion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement