Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb H-Sphere and Joomla

Options
  • 21-07-2009 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I've just sterted to get the finger out and make my own website. I have Joomla installed on my local PC running apache, PHP and MYSQL servers. Now I want to put Joomla on my H-Sphere CP. So far I've uploaded the zip to the FTP root, unzipped it and moved the folder to "mydomain.ie/HERE". Anyone know what I need to do to log in and run Joomla through the portal and get my template up and running?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Did you run the Joomla install script as you did on your local machine?

You will probably have to create a new database and db user via the control panel. If you need help with that then contact Digiweb support.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Dilogoat

There's no install script at all. You just access it like a local host and it runs like that. I think I need to have PHP enabled. I've been on to them since and I think that it'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Dilogoat wrote: »
    Now I want to put Joomla on my H-Sphere CP.
    So you want to move your local site to your online server?

You could do it manually as you have tried but you also have to backup and move your database and then redo your configuration.php file.

There is an easier way....

Download and install Joomlapack to your local site then using Joomlapack make a backup. Joomlapack backs up your files AND your database in the form of a .zip and in this zip it also creates a new installation script.

Upload this new zip to your web directory and using your CP Filemanager extract it. Then go to your homepage and follow the instructions. The installation process is exactly the same as when you first installed Joomla on your local server so you will need to create an empty database with H-sphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Dilogoat

Wow, thanks mate! That would seriously make things a lot easier.

Advertisement