Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there an EirText Widget?

• 21-07-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

Does anyone know if there is a widget for sending free webtexts from O2?

Did a bit of googling but couldn't find anything. I use EirText on my iPhone and it's badass, but something quick and convenient on the mac would be ace.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

i dont know but..

http://labs.mozilla.com/projects/prism/

that lets you make dedicated apps for any particular web site or web process
    works on mac

you can get widgets onto the desktop so maybe there is a way to get an app into the widget ''page''
    or just leave it in a extra ''spaces'' space/page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

top tip! thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

or give JSMS a shot, very good

jsmsirl.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Fluid

I use this for Facebook chat and it's pretty sweet. It'll do the same job as the other two mentioned afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

womoma wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Does anyone know if there is a widget for sending free webtexts from O2?

Did a bit of googling but couldn't find anything. I use EirText on my iPhone and it's badass, but something quick and convenient on the mac would be ace.

Thanks in advance.

you can create dashboard widgets in safari using webclip
    not sure if it's possible to create one for o2 webtext though as you would need to log in to use it

see http://www.apple.com/pro/tips/webclip.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

you could use stickies in dashboard to hold username and pass and just copy and past it in each time

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dahak

While it doesn't send webtexts (it connects to your phone though bluetooth and sends the text through the phone) I find emitSMS very good.

It's a dashboard widget so it's always there ready to be used and it means that you can type your text messages on a proper keyboard rather than using the phone's one. It takes the numbers directly from your address book so it's always up to date with new numbers etc.

The only downside for me is that it doesn't use the system spellchecker.

For sending free web texts I, like others have already said, JSMS is very good. I'm stuck on a slightly older version with a PPC mac. It'd be just about perfect if it integrated with the system address book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

From O2:

http://www.o2.ie/desktoptext

Make sure you download the Mac version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Just to let you guys know that I currently have a Mac version of EirText in testing. It'll hopefully be available in a couple of weeks.

I checked out that O2 widget. Nicely done, but watch out, they're charging for the messages:

"But just so you know, you pay for each text message at the same rate as sending a message from your mobile."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I'll wait for the EirText widget.

EirText ROOLZZ

• Advertisement

Ha thanks. The EirText app is a fully-fledged Mac OS app, not just a widget! :)

Hi guys, just a quick update to let you know that EirText for Mac v1.0 is now available for purchase (€3.99 per license).

You'll need a Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later to use the app (sorry Tiger folks!).

main-plain.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Hi guys, just a quick update to let you know that EirText for Mac v1.0 is now available for purchase (€3.99 per license).

You'll need a Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later to use the app (sorry Tiger folks!).

main-plain.png

what a great app :)

Thanks! Appreciate the support :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭need assistance

Bought the application. Works well, nice clean interface. No problems so far

Advertisement