Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I overreacting?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just want to get some opinions on this...

Basically, I'm 11 weeks pregnant. Been with my boyfriend for 2 years and have been faithful to him throughout, very much in love with him and likewise, according to him.

We've been really thrilled about this, we were trying for a while. I fell pregnant last year but lost it very early on (within days of finding out) and ever since then we've been pretty much trying to get pregnant again.

Last night he asks me if "I'm sure it's his, because the dates don't match up" I was in shock that he would even ask me this.. He seems to think that the due date the doctor gave me is a reflection of the date the baby was conceived and that date just happens to be a night I was out with friends... I explained to him that it doesn't work like that, and told him how disgusted I was that he would even think/ask me that, I didn't speak to him for the rest of the night and haven't spoken to him today..

He apologised and said he just wants to be 100% sure etc.. I just feel totally livid about this.. He has absolutely no reason to think I would cheat on him.. If he ever accused me of something under normal circumstances I'd freak, never mind asking me now, when I'm at this vulnerable stage in my life..

I just need some independent advise here.. I'm really hurt..

Am I overreacting??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

No, no you are not overreacting at all! You appear to have a gobshyte on your hands. (this may be temporary and friend induced).

If your relationship is otherwise healthy then I would give him the date of your last peroid and tell him to work the dates out for himself. Show him this thread too. (What a gobshyte! :rolleyes:)

Good luck

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

No you're definitely not overreacting!

What an eejit. If I was to go by the date the doctor gave me it would have been the immaculate conception!

The bloody cheek of him to ask when you've been trying for a baby and especially after losing the first one.

Tell him to do a bit of research on how the dates are calculated and come to you with a nice written apology, the git.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

OMG totally not over reacting at all!!! what an Ass!
    But then again that's men for you! As Axel said about - tell him how the doc works it out ( oh and also tell him that a mans juice can live for a few days after getting in there ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks a mil for the replies Ladies, much appreciated...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I actually can't believe he would even suggest a thing :eek: If your relationship is healthy and your both happy together why would something like that even enter his mind! The date the doctor gives is based on the day your last period started which is insane esp if your not keeping track so the due date is sometimes off. What an idiot! I would be so mad, you have every right to be feeling angry. Being pregnant throws enough at you the last thing you need is an insecure boyfriend. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Tricky situation OP. If that was me and my bloke, my alarm bells would be ringing big style..
    Most people who question their other half about cheating are usually paranoid because of their own dalliances.

Personally I would tell him that he has said those things to you and can never take back the hurt he has caused through his questions. I would allow him to be ignorant about how a woman's pregnancy cycle works but would inform him in very straight terms that he's a lucky bloke that you have been gracious enough to allow him to apologise.
    Let him know that you will not be spoken to or referred to like that again.

Then ban him from watching Jerry Springer and Jeremy Kyle :)
    but seriously, you are not over-reacting.

Advertisement