Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifth Gear crash

Options
  • 21-07-2009 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Fifth Gear presenter Tiff and guest (actor) John Barrowman crash an Impreza and roll 4 times.

ACTOR John Barrowman stars in yet another spin-off

This time it involves a real-life terrifying high-speed crash - but luckily he walks away from it with cuts and bruises.

The TV favourite, Captain Jack in BBC's Doctor Who offshoot Torchwood, lost control of his turbo-charged rally car in an 80mph smash.

Barrowman was helpless as the £120,000 Subaru PLUMMETED down a verged, FLIPPED over four times and narrowly missed a LAKE at the bottom of the hill.

Paramedics rushed to the scene to pull the shaken 42-year-old from the wreckage. They removed shattered glass from his EYE before he was taken to hospital.

The drama unfolded as Barrowman filmed a race for Channel Five's Fifth Gear in Powys, Wales. The show's presenter, Tiff Needell, 57, sat in the passenger seat.

The crash, screened on the show tomorrow, comes three years after Top Gear's Richard Hammond cheated death when his dragster crashed at 288mph.

Barrowman said: "I'm lucky to walk away unscathed. I got a ticking off from my mum afterwards."
    Linky with photos

**MODS**
    Was not too sure where to post this but I taught here would be alright. Ye are welcome to move it if ye feel different.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Pfft they're just looking for attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

That has to be one of the most poorly written articles I've ever seen.

And comparing it to Hammond's crash? Purlease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

PUSSIES!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Probably the most interesting thing that has ever happened on Fifth Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"Barrowman Does a Hamster!!"

God Almighty...:rolleyes:

LOL at Tiffany Dell's (:D) face in that pic though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Well it's made it to Youtube. Not very dramatic at all.

How they (news of the world) compare this

To this

I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I seriously can't bring myself to watch Hammond's crash again.:(

I watched only twice, first on the repeat of his return, I actually turned it on on the Wednesday night, and they were all sitting around, Jezza was saying something like "This is it I suppose", and then they showed it.

I was like..."Holy crap!"

I watched the whole ep on YT then a year or so later, when I really got into Top Gear, and I was in tears.:(

Seriously though, comparing those crashes. Sure fair enough John is probably pretty shaken after it, and in fairness it was the paper that compared them, but ffs
    80kmph Subaru tumbling down a hill, and a bit of glass in the eye vs 300kmph jet dragster skidding off the runway, digging into the earth, flipping several times, and landing upside down, and major brain damage

:rolleyes:

Maybe one day Richard will be introduced to a show or described on an article without using the phrase "high speed crash"...but I won't hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Maybe one day Richard will be introduced to a show or described on an article without using the phrase "high speed crash"...but I won't hold my breath.

Not gonna happen:(

I have to say though that I love the way Tiff is practically giggling before the stop rolling:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

over confident and think he's better then he is thats john barrowman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

That has to be the worst crash I've ever seen!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

"John-Barrowman-in-horror-crash-like-Richard-Hammond"

What an absolute rag.

And where is the HILL that the Subaru FLIPPED down while narrowly AVOIDING a LAKE? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

KamiKazi wrote: »
    "John-Barrowman-in-horror-crash-like-Richard-Hammond"

What an absolute rag.

And where is the HILL that the Subaru FLIPPED down while narrowly AVOIDING a LAKE? :rolleyes:

+1

I dunno how ANYONE could compare barrowman's crash to hamsters - there is just NO COMPARISON!!

Advertisement