Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greenes Restaurant Maynooth

Options
  • 21-07-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Anyone have a number for this? ive been searching online and cant find it anywhere and i need to cancel a table ive booked. Would just save me a trip there to cancel if i can call them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 THJ

(01)6548000

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks for that, as a matter of interest, did you find it online? and if so where, because i searched and couldnt find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 THJ

Yes I found it on http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/

For "Who are you looking for?" I typed in Greene's

For "Where?" I typed in Maynooth

When searching you need to think carefully about spelling. For example, if I type in "Greenes" with the apostrophe missing, it will fail to find it. If in doubt about the spelling, you can try entering other words that you are sure of, such as "restaurant" and "maynooth" and then look down the list to see if it's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

That's the one beside the castle right? Anyone eaten there? - reports on the food?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

well how was it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Is it good there?What sort of food?Expensive?
    I forget the name of the restaurant but saw an early bird special for 20 euro outside one of the restaurants and it was pretty impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jelliez

Ate there last week, and wasn't too mad on the food. Plus, the tables for 2 are tiny! You feel so squashed in!
    My partner had steak tho and said it was lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭_SONIC_

i read a review in the liffey champion and said that the service was good but the food was bad + the food i got was very salty especially the lasagne!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KathyNShane

I was never pushed on Greenes Because i listened to everybody else opinion, Until I actually went myself personally I thought the food and drink was very reasonable. The staff couldn't be any friendlier Service was spot on and got side bicki with coffee nice treat :-) Also I recently had a fundraiser and the kind Management donated a lovely gift as a spot prize Thanks again for that :) Would definitely go back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

This place is without doubt the creme de la creme of Maynooth dining .Perfect apart from maybe being a little cramped ...new deli is great too...Cant believe the bad comments above ,but the crowds there certainly vote with their feet -tried to eat recently around 3pm on a Saturday and couldnt get into either the deli or restaurant ...dining al fresco at Greenes on a sunny day is one of life's pure pleasures !Congrats to staff and management .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭maguffin

Don't forget...all those neg comments are from around August of 2009...more than two and a half years ago.....times have changed...and Green's has obviously improved.

:0)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Drove down from Dublin to treat ourselves to the pancakes in the Deli only to find it that it's closed! Very disappointed, loved this place. Anyone know of a place similar?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The coffee mill beside manor mills does american type pancakes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Also does the best breakfast left in the town, and now opens Sundays after never having done so (the Coffee Mill). Its finally replacing Pickwicks for me.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The coffee mill beside manor mills does american type pancakes.
    Greens weren't really American tho, do they have fillings or are they your standard breakfast / desert type?

MYOB wrote: »
    Also does the best breakfast left in the town, and now opens Sundays after never having done so (the Coffee Mill). Its finally replacing Pickwicks for me.

Cool, went to Twist instead for breakfast this morning and it was nice too.

I never had the pancakes in Greenes,had lunch there once and was not overly impressed so never went back,got a sandwich from the deli once and it was nice though.

I like the pancakes in Twist but never go there anymore as I did not find the staff very friendly.

They are breakfast pancakes rather then desert ones.

Advertisement