Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solubility of Co2 in water and other substances

Options
  • 21-07-2009 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I am looking for a person with chemistry experience to help me test the validity of claims to be able to capture Co2 in a water based solution. Do you know anyone? arthurtormay@gmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

What do you want to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Atormay

Hi,
    I need someone with chemical experience to test the solubility of So2 & Co2 in a water based solution. I have the solution, most of the test gear and a small plant to test it in but I know nothing about the chemistry. And this is a long story. Are you in Ireland? North or South? I am in the North East. I never used Boards before so know none of the correct protocol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

What are you using to test CO2 and SO2 concentrations? Whats the pH of your water, this plays major role in CO2 absorption in water! I can think of many reasons why your try to do this, what's yours?

My reason is that I did a deal with a mad scientist who has not absconded after I spent a lot of money on this and I want to see if his claim is true. I know the ph level is important but I know F... A.. about chemistry. I want to team up with a chemical head to figure this out. Are you one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I'm not sure I understand...are you asking if it is possible to dissolve it, or specifically how much CO2 water can dissolve? Because it can dissolve it, and it depends on the temperature, the purity of the water and the pressure of the CO2, among other things. For example, sugar water can dissolve more than pure water, and cold water more than hot, and high pressure more than low pressure.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply but I am getting a bit of help on this off line and I will respond to their questions first if I may. If those avenues don't work out I will come back to you if that's ok. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Dude,

You should really explain why you want this info. Your posts seem suspicious and nobody will give you any info now (unless they just want to show-off).

Kevin

Advertisement