Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impact Marketing

Options
  • 21-07-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Anyone ever heard of these? They're based on Leeson Street. I just wondered what kind of work they did?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

am their website is pretty self explanatory though there isn't much "impact" there for a marketing company :o

• Registered Users Posts: 37 GhostfaceKillah

Ye i had a look at the website but it was just riddled with buzz words! The fact is - they don't tell you what type of work you will be doing when you apply for a job - it just had me a bit sceptical!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

sounds like another sales company to me, the "owner" "assistant owner" "platinum club" terminology all suggests a sales business rather than a marketing / branding agency + the vagueness and lack of any examples or actual clients..

It could be a legit field sales agency looking for staff to run promotions but I wouldn't be surprised to be dumped in a housing estate in Kildare for hands on "training" in door to door sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Dublin Boy

It's a company that tricks people into working for them, they call you in for an interview and tell you everything will be explained to you about the job in the interview - it doesn't - then you are told you (sort of) have the job and are taken out by a sales rep to go door-to-door.

Then you have another interview and are told about how you can earn so much money at this job and how you can progress to management within a few months! Sounds good, yeah! Not really because you have to spend about 10 hours going around knocking on doors only to get paid if you make a sale, and if you don't get a sale, then you get no money.

If you get a sale in your first week you have to be careful, because your mentor will tell you they will look after the sale once inside the buyers house and that you will get the sale as long as you are the one who entices the buyer, but they will take the sale for themselves and say they helped you out at the door - the girl who trained me in done that to me and I found out later that they always do that... and who could blame them I suppose, it's a total dog-eat-dog job!

They need people to work for them, but they want you to work for nothing, they are really nice and sweet when they are trying to get you to work for them, but when you quit they aren't too pleased and are quite rude.

Advertisement