Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telling your boss?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

How many weeks can you go without telling your employer? I read somewhere it 15 weeks from your due date, is this correct?
    I was hoping to get away with it for another month, I'll be 20/21 weeks then. I'm only on a contract and have been with the company a year. I have another year but am afraid they will go nuts :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Hi Janbaby... you should ring your nearest Citizens Advice Bureau... here is the page with maternity leave info:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/employment-rights-and-conditions/leave-and-holidays/maternity_leave
    There is a ton of info online that should help you answer this, but these guys will be able to tell you in plain english and/or send you out the relevant acts/Govt info. Don't worry too much about it, you CANNOT loose your job for being pregnant, they can go nuts all they like. Congrats on the news, its an exciting time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 langers

unfortunately i had to tell at 14 weeks as it was as obvious as hell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

gonna tell him today, Im so flipping nervous! :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Good luck missus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭janbaby

I just did it :D such a weight off my shoulders, it hard to hide this feckin bump! He was really nice about it so I needed have been worried

• Advertisement
Advertisement