Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Applicant?

Options
  • 21-07-2009 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

I have applied for a few courses through the CAO. I was looking at this the other day and applied for two of the courses. it says that mature applicants should apply to their appropriate HEI before applying. So basically I want to know if I am a mature applicant? I am only 20 and I have previously done 1 year of college but I dropped out.

Regards,
    Darren

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭PeterLT

Xylophonic wrote: »
    Hi,

I have applied for a few courses through the CAO. I was looking at this the other day and applied for two of the courses. it says that mature applicants should apply to their appropriate HEI before applying. So basically I want to know if I am a mature applicant? I am only 20 and I have previously done 1 year of college but I dropped out.

Regards,
    Darren

Hi Darren,

I don't think you'll be considered as a mature student:

"Generally,you are considered to be a mature student if you are at least 23 years of age on January 1 of the year you enter your course. If you are interested in a particular college you should check how it defines a mature student."

Advertisement