Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, I need a non i-pod video converter

Options
  • 21-07-2009 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

After a lot of googling and reading several forums I've failed in finding a decent video converter. Those that I did download would only partly convert because they were free.

Basically I need to convert AVI into WMV or M-peg4 (for my X series walkman).

I just need it to actually do what I want and then leave me alone about registering etc

Thanks in advance for replies :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

super, by erightsoft, or handbrake...both totally free, both are easy to use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Tried handbrake. When I transferred it was upsupported content?
    I'll give super a go though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

congo_90 wrote: »
    I'll give super a go though.

What settings did you use? the xseries has strict codec settings (similar to ipods) that need to be followed so if you used the right settings I don't understand why handbrake wouldn't have worked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

For X-series Walkman, use Handbrake and the iPod setting. (The old iPod setting that has the pixel width as 320 by default). Don't change the output width, you want it at 320 exactly (height will be calculated automatically, don't worry about it)

-Edit
    Seems Handbrake 0.93 has mucked with the presets (IIRC) so you'll want to change level=13 in the advanced window. Apart from that it should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

congo_90 wrote: »

upsupported content:confused:

what does that mean??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

fryup wrote: »
    upsupported content:confused:

what does that mean??

Sorry that was the error coming up on the walkman probably from the incorrect settings or ratio.

Anyhow I'm using "any video converter" which works a charm now but thanks to all who replied

Advertisement