Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnant one month - what to do

Options
  • 20-07-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am missed my period and did a pregancy test and it is positive. What do I do now - do i wait 3 months to visit doctor, do i visit doctor now, etc?

Obviously 1st kid so not sure of this and cant ask anyone without spilling the beans.

Thanks in advance.

Moz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Congratulations pet & good luck :D
    Well you dont need to wait to speak to your doc, make an appointment with him & they will normally go through your options as to whether you do combined care & takes your notes n stuff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats:)
    Make a doctors appointment immediately,and then you will have to book the hospital.
    You are better to do this asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

congrats

I'm the same as urself just found out and i'm due in april, its my first so very nervous.

I found few good websites though www.rollercoaster.ie and also vhi.ie in the discussions boards.

There are bump clubs so u can talk to other ppl who are due same month as you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Chord

Congrats :cool:

Before you tell the doctor, I hope the Daddy knows first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hey, many thanks for the replies. I have an appointment with my Doctor next week, following your advice above.

Re the immediate post above, luckily for baby was planned so Daddy certainly knows.

At the moment I am very anxious about this - i worry about the possible health of the baby, our financial position etc....is this completely normal and can anyone recommend a good book to read? (will check out the rollercoaster website in a minute, thanks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭fiona stephanie

hiya,

first of all, a big congrats to you and your other half! with my first i found pregnancy for dummies was a good read! it was very helpful! and another good one, is what to expect when your expecting!

another good pregnancy site is babyandbump.com! the girls are lovely in there, and its divided by trimester so you can talk to some lovely ladies all going through the same stuff as you!

best of luck for the next 8ish months of your pregnancy!
    Fiona
    xx

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The book I got is called the Pregnancy Bible and I think it's brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

congratulations!
    as for worrying, its completely normal and it never ends, from the moment you fall pregnant all you'll do is worry! :o
    and as they get older the worse it gets! but i promise its worth it!
    i didnt read any books or anything and my little one is healthy and happy so dont get too hung up on research if you dont want to, but if it puts your mind at ease then ive heard rollercoaster (the one mentioned on here) is great!
    good luck and look after yourself!

Advertisement